Sometime in the mid to late sixties, John was kind enough to provide
transportation for some cavers from the U.T. Grotto to Devil's Sinkhole.  He
had some type of four wheel drive power wagon type of truck, maybe blue in
color?  John sat up front with his girlfriend and the rest of us sat along the
sides of the truck with camping/caving gear and rope.  I sat up against the
back door (s).
John picked me up at 2804 Whitis, Campus Guild Co-op late one afternoon.  We
drove towards Rock Springs, Texas that evening.  On the way out, we got stopped
by the highway patrol for maybe going a little fast or for a tail light being
out?  John got a ticket.  We camped late that night at the "Y" roadside park
just before getting to the Whitworth property where the sinkhole was located.
It was pretty chilly that night.  Once neat thing was John could place a
propane hand torch between the two front seats and heat/cook food with an
attachment that turned his torch into a stove.  I remember steam rising from
the stove onto the front windshield area.  Not only that but it did provide
some warmth for the truck's interior.
The return trip to Austin was very pleasant as it was a beautiful sunny day!
My other memories of Devil's Sinkhole can be view at this archived link -
https://www.geocitiesarchive.org/arcuc/Y/o/Yosemite/Gorge/9073//devils.html#
(Devil's Sinkhole As The Crow Flies!)