I understand there are some geopolitical aspects to LNG.  By exporting the gas
to some of the eastern European countries, it removes there almost total
reliance on NG from Russia and on more local coal sources. If we must burn
carbon, I understand that NG is better than coal.

From: Texascavers <texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com> On Behalf Of Bill
Stephens
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2019 10:16 AM
To: texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Pipeline planned over cave systems in WV

I always appreciate insights from both Andy and Mark and I too share concerns
regarding the karst and the use of ED by both municipalities and corporate
entities.

The fact remains that this is a gas pipeline, not oil as stated. And rerouting
around sensitive areas has and can be accomplished through cooperative avenues.
Much of this gas would be sold into an expanding New York market for Natural
Gas, but due to the Governors moratorium on pipelines, thousands of residents
are being denied the opportunity to switch from heating oil, to cleaner,
cheaper more efficient NG. Instead the gas must be re-routed to the south.

Even if every MCFG over the lifetime of the pipeline is exported, the public
benefits in a myriad of ways from the tens of thousands of jobs within the
operations, drilling, associated service industry, pipeline construction and
export facilities companies, and numerous regulatory entities. Beyond payroll
taxes, the production taxes will positively impact every county and state with
production, plus State and Federal income tax revenue. Large sums in royalty
revenue to the mineral owners will inject money into local economies and result
in multiple levels of taxes on these income streams. These revenues will
provide huge shots in the arm to municipal governments for the building of new
schools, clinics etc.

As long as population increases there will be new infrastructure projects,
power-lines, pipelines, roads, etc. The scare tactics of an exaggerating and
deliberately divisive, pseudo news sight is not beneficial to constructive
discussion and solutions. I am all in on saving the caves!
Bill

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 12:31:11 PM MST,
grub...@centurytel.net<mailto:grub...@centurytel.net>
<grub...@centurytel.net<mailto:grub...@centurytel.net>> wrote:

Mark hit the nail on the head.  private entities using power of emminent domain
for personal gain.  rubberstamped by permitting agencies.  At least in Texas
they are.  Gas destined for export, this is not public benefit in any way.
They dont bother to do good environmental studies or look at impact of routes.
Recent court cases in Texas prove that they are lowballing the affected land
owners in terms of compensation.  While public entities are subjected to
intense scrutiny any time they use ED not so for these private companies.  They
plan on running a 48" high pressure natural gas line a couple hundred yards
from several schools near Kyle  Anyone think thats the best place to put it ?