Sent from my iPhoneX

> On Dec 9, 2019, at 5:59 PM, George Veni <gv...@nckri.org> wrote:

Below is the latest news from the Greater Edwards Aquifer Alliance (GEAA) on
the wastewater system proposed for Honey Creek. For more information on GEAA or
to get on their mailing list directly, contact them at the links below.

George

------------------------

Dear Friends of Honey Creek,

Last week a few people received notices that Silesia had applied for a new
Texas Land Application Permit (TLAP) for Honey Creek Ranch. You can read the
notice
here<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Faquiferalliance.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F12%2FTCEQ-Notice-of-Application-for-the-TLAP-permit-for-Honey-Creek-Ranch..pdf>.
  You can see the Affected Landowner Map
here<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Faquiferalliance.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F12%2FHC-Affected-Landowner-Map-List-.pdf>
 and the Groundwater Quality Report
here<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Faquiferalliance.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F12%2FGroundwater-Quality-Tech-Report-for-the-Honey-Creek-Ranch-TLAP-Application-11-18-19.pdf>.
 You can see more information
here<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Faquiferalliance.org%2Fwaste-water-discharge%2F>
 under "Honey Creek Waste Water Permit".

This means that the clock starts over as this is an application for a new
permit.  We all need to respond with comments and request a public meeting for
Proposed Permit # WQ0015835001

You may also request a contested case hearing.  To do so, you must include your
name, address, applicants name (Silesia Properties LP) and Proposed Permit #
WQ0015835001, the location and distance of your property/activities relative to
the proposed facility, a specific description of how you would be adversely
affected by the facility in a way not common to the general public, a list of
all disputed issues of the fact that you submit during the comment period, and
the statement "I request a contested case hearing".

If a contested case hearing is granted, the subject of the hearing will be
limited to disputed issues of fact or mixed questions of fact and law related
to relevant and material water quality concerns submitted during the comment
period. So, make sure that all your concerns are stated in this communication.

You may submit your comments
on-line<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fwww14.tceq.texas.gov%2Fepic%2FeComment>

(https://www14.tceq.texas.gov/epic/eComment<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fwww14.tceq.texas.gov%2Fepic%2FeComment>)
 by entering WQ0015835. Or you can mail comments to TCEQ Office of the Chief
Clerk, MC-105, PO Box 13087, Austin, Texas 78711-3087.

TCEQ will hold a public meeting if the Executive Director determines that there
is a significant degree of public interest in the application or if the
requested by a local legislator. Requests to Representative
Beidermann<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fhouse.texas.gov%2Fmembers%2Fmember-page%2F%3Fdistrict%3D73>,
 Senator
Campbell<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.senate.texas.gov%2Fmember.php%3Fd%3D25>,
 and Comal County
Commissioners<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.co.comal.tx.us%2FComm.htm>
 asking them to contact TCEQ to request a public meeting would be helpful.

We had a great meeting at the Mammen Public Library on December 4th.  In
addition to the new permit, we discussed reports that bull dozers began
clearing on the site, in violation of the City of Bulverde's Tree ordinance.

*  Fundraising: To date $23,555 has been raised assuming we meet the $15,000
match. We still need to raise $7,455 to secure the full match.

Brie Jameson and Joyce Moore will work on fundraiser at Honey Creek Cave.  This
would be a high dollar ticket event.  (Thank you, Joyce and Brie!)

Julie Whittaker: reported on bids for SAVE HONEY CREEK signs and Facebook info
with block font in med blue.

Lone Star Reprographics: 4'x8' fence signs in Coroplast. $112 each, 50 Yard
signs  $10.50 each, stakes $1.50 each and Fast Signs: 4'x8' banner with
grommets $145.13 each, 50 Yard signs with stakes  $14.80 each. It was agreed
that we would get the best bang for the buck by ordering four 4' x 8' fence
signs to display at strategic locations.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts to date.  Our next meeting will be at
6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 7th at the Mammen Family Public Library (131
Bulverde Crossing).

I hope your holidays are wonderful and I look forward to seeing you in 2020!

Annalisa Peace

Executive Director
Greater Edwards Aquifer
Alliance<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aquiferalliance.net%2F>

You can donate to GEAA on
line<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aquiferalliance.net%2Fdonate-to-geaa%2F>
 or mail a check to PO Box 15618, San Antonio, Texas 78212

You can keep up with the latest news and post on the Save Honey Creek Facebook
Page<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSave-Honey-Creek-301991077363137%2F%3Fepa%3DSEARCH_BOX>

You can always keep up with interesting water news on GEAA's Face Book page
<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=45157466&msgid=494446&act=FD45&c=431426&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FGreater-Edwards-Aquifer-Alliance-GEAA%2F74467896453>

********************
George  Veni, PhD
Executive Director, National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI)
and
President, International Union of Speleology (UIS)

NCKRI address (primary)
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220 USA
Office: +575-887-5517