As many of you know, for over a year the Texas Commission on Environmental
Quality (TCEQ) was reviewing a permit that would potentially allow waste water
to flow down Honey Creek. Yesterday I received a letter dated December 12,
2019, from TCEQ stating:

"This letter is to inform you that the application by Silesia Properties, LP,
for new Texas Pollutant Discharge System Permit No. WQ001568801 was withdrawn
by the Applicant on November 6, 2019. Therefore, this application is no longer
being considered by the Commission and the agency will not be issuing a
response to public comments. The Commission has removed the application from
our record of pending applications. The original application will remain a
record of the Commission. If you should have any questions, please contact me
at (512) 239-4668 or at
jose.marti...@tceq.texas.gov<mailto:jose.marti...@tceq.texas.gov>. J. Alfonso
Martinez III, Permit Coordinator, Wastewater Permitting Section (MC 148), Water
Quality Division."

While this is great news, experience has taught me that many withdrawn
applications are reworked and then resubmitted, and sometimes without much
improvement. I don't know if that will happen here, but recommend everyone to
keep a watch on this and other proposed projects that could harm our caves and
karst groundwater and ecological resources.

George

********************
George  Veni, PhD
Executive Director, National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI)
and
President, International Union of Speleology (UIS)

NCKRI address (primary)
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220 USA
Office: +575-887-5517