Except...broken bones are a good example of something that temporarily weakens
an individual but has no genetic link and wouldn't affect evolution or the
genes of offspring.

I believe that most anthropologists correlate the signs of broken but healed
bones in human remains found in burials with a higher level of communal living
(i.e., a properly functioning society where people take care of the less
fortunate).

If it weren't for society, we wouldn't have science and research, and we
wouldn't know anything about genetic diseases, evolution, and new methods to
repair genetic diseases (e.g., CRISPR). Science isn't all good or all bad, it's
how it's used by society that's important.

Beware statements like "humans perpetuate weaknesses in their population
through science" lest people start thinking this sounds like eugenics.

Diana

Diana R. Tomchick
Professor
Departments of Biophysics and Biochemistry
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214A
Dallas, TX 75390-8816