I ended up with a cat that got histo, presumably from whatever cave clothes
I brought in the house. I've never gotten it, but it's a miracle she didn't
die, since we never did figure out why she was sick, even after 6 months of
weekly vet visits. We ended up finding out from an xray showing
histo-specific calcification in her lungs from a completely different issue
years later.

-Tucek

On Sat, 28 Nov 2020 at 13:52, Mark Minton <mmin...@caver.net> wrote:

> Interesting that you can supposedly get histo simply from digging in dirt
> that had been exposed to bat guano years in the past. I had never heard
> that before. That makes it a lot more insidious. Fortunately, most cavers
> from the Southwest are probably mostly immune from years of exposure.
>

> Mark Minton

*Go find out!*
-Heather Tuček
TSA Membership Chair