However the carton is just using the Freak Brothers as a way of showing how the world has changes. Only the first ~15 minutes of the first episode is set in the comic book era, then they are transported to modern day California for the rest of the shows.

It can be watched free online, (tubi for sure)
and here is the trailer to have an idea of how it will play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1RMuPpGYnk

On 2021-12-27 11:41, Terry wrote:
Very Good Bill…..

I grew up with the Freak Brothers, which are fashioned after my friends,
and printed Gilbert’s comic…..

See you soon, Terry

On Dec 27, 2021, at 10:58 AM, Bill Steele <cwilliamste...@gmail.com <mailto:cwilliamste...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I just heard a short interview on NPR about an upcoming TV cartoon show “The Freak Brothers”. I recall that there was a close connection in the late 1960s between Austin cavers and the artist who created the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers head comics, Gilbert Shelton.

On my first caving expedition to Silvertip Peak, Montana in 1974 there was a woman with frizzy hair who came along and it was said that the look of the character Fat Freddy was based on her look.

https://thefreakbrothers.com/

Charlie Loving knows stuff.

Bill Steele
Irving, Texas