On behalf of Crash Kennedy and the TCMA:

To all Texas cavers, including ex-cavers, and ex-Texans,

It has taken me several days to compose this letter.  I am saddened,
confused, and angry about the recent and sudden passing of our good friend
and strong TCMA supporter, Tom Rogers.

Everybody knew Tom; he was just that kind of a guy.  He was a hard caver,
and to the amazement and amusement of his friends, he often caved
shirtless, and in shorts.  Tom was a hard worker, but he also knew how to
have a good time at parties and other caver events.  Tom was an essential
and coveted team member on tank hauls and survey trips to Honey Creek Cave
(where he actually got cold), Deep Cave, the many pits of Múzquiz, and many
others.  TCMA is especially indebted to Tom for the construction work he
did on the shower house and back deck at our cabin on the Deep and Punkin
Property.

Tom left a large hole in the caving world. May Oztotl watch over him,
wherever he may go.

Jim “Crash” Kennedy

TCMA President