I believe this is due to font encoding differences... Cork encoding vs
Unicode. Stix and the TeX Gyre fonts are Unicode encoded, iirc. I found
that the section mark glyph won't render correctly in a PDF outline made
via TeXmacs' table of contents unless the macro that inserts it wraps the
section mark in a font change to make it appear in a Unicode face.

I suppose maybe there's a few missing items in the conversion tables?

karl.hegbl...@gmail.com