Good.

I've made some more small changes and the current appimage can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0ov1b9b5y16rb8/TeXmacs-1.99.16.AppImage?dl=0

it is 100mb. Please try it in different systems to see if it works.

Alvaro, does the appimage behaves differently than the app as usually
installed, e.g. via a package?

Max