I think we need to target Qt6 right away and remove all the legacy code and
hacks we accumulated to go around the various bugs in Qt4.*. There will be
other bugs maybe but Qt has already shifted their focus to Qt6 and if we target
Qt5 I'm worried that in a couple of years we will be in the same situation as
now wrt. Qt4.

If I understand correclty the intentions of Joris we would support Qt4 for
TeXmacs 2.1 for a while, until we have a new stable version with Qt5/6 and with
some code restructuring I'm planning to do on the Qt code. Also we can address
the problem with Scheme there.

Btw, I made a small experiment with different icons, more similar to those
present in some Mac apps.

http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/an-experiment-with-ui-icons/505
<http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/an-experiment-with-ui-icons/505>

Max