I submitted two projects because there are only two registered mentors:

Basic Level: http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/project-draft-mogan-draw-on-wasm/1424

Hard Level:
http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/project-draft-mechanism-to-append-documents-to-and-augment-the-pdf-generated-by-gnu-texmacs/1428

More mentors needed. If we have more mentors, we can submit more projects.

jingkaimori who is already a Mogan Developer and also a student, is interested
in Implement Wrap Text around figures for the GNU TeXmacs typesetter

http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/project-draft-implement-wrap-text-around-figures-for-the-gnu-texmacs-typesetter/1425

I think this is a nice feature, and the mentor can only be Joris, because only
Joris is the main author of the GNU TeXmacs typesetter.

I'm wordering if Joris have time to make it a OSPP project and work as a
mentor. If it is a pity that we can not make it a OSPP project, I think
jinkaimori will still spare time to implement it in the future.

We have to submit the project before 2023/04/26 18:00:00 UTC+8.

Who is jingkaimori:

+ https://github.com/jingkaimori

+ Commits by jingkaimori:
https://github.com/XmacsLabs/mogan/commits?author=jingkaimori

---- On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 00:07:32 +0800 Darcy Shen via Texmacs-dev
<texmacs-dev@gnu.org> wrote ---

Here is the unbrella topic:

http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/summer-for-code-for-xmacslabs-in-2023/1372

We are in stage 2 (2023-04-04 ~ 2023-04-28):

http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/summer-of-code-stage-2-2023-04-04-2023-04-28/1388

There are only two mentors registered. According to the guide of OSPP, there
must be 1 mentor for 1 project with 1 student.

We need more mentors, because there are three students now who have contacted
me via Wechat. And there will be more students on the TeXmacs forum later.

Distributing the fork of GNU TeXmacs (Mogan Editor) is not the goal of
XmacsLabs. Using GNU TeXmacs/Mogan Editor is more important than developing GNU
TeXmacs/Mogan Editor for XmacsLabs. But now, GNU TeXmacs/Mogan Editor is not
good enough. We still need to focus on improving GNU TeXmacs/Mogan Editor in
2023.

For now, there are 11 official members of the XmacsLabs:

Graduated Student of Art who are instereted in Math (She)

Software Engineer

Lawyer

Translator (Esperantist) (will help us when AI translator does not work)

Professor

Researcher

Students (from college freshman to PhD)

High School Teacher

We just voted for the new member, so, the number of member just increased from
10 to 11. And for now, all official members can speak in Chinese and are
located in different countries on earth, we meet online every two weeks.

We are trying to vote again for the students who will participate in the Summer
of Code projects and want to join XmacsLabs. And also, we will try to attract
new members who does not speak Chinese.

But for now, the planet project (https://github.com/XmacsLabs/planet) is not
ready for people who does not know the Chinese language. We are encouraging the
member to submit the documents to the planet in their own mother tongue but not
only in English.

A mentor must be a GNU TeXmacs developer who are very familiar with the code
base, but he/she is not required to join XmacsLabs.

Let us witness the Renaissance of GNU TeXmacs in the near future!