Dear all,

  I’ve started to prepare a patch for TeXmacs which will allow to embed/extract
TeXmacs documents from a PDF file. My need for this is due to the fact that it
is currently not very easy to put the orginal TeXmacs document in arXiv
alongside the PDF. ArXiv accepts PDF but not auxiliary files. This new
mechanism, developed in Mogan, will allow to transmit the source with the PDF,
this is also useful in contexts where one needs a preview of the document
without opening TeXmacs.

The current implementation is here:

https://github.com/texmacs/texmacs/tree/wip_pdftm
texmacs/texmacs at wip_pdftm
github.com

based on work of @tangdouer1005 during the OSPP summer of code 2023 initiative.
I made minimal changes to make it compatible with TeXmacs and also embed the
bibliographic info. This is still experimental but it is working fine. To test
it you have available two new menu items in “Import” and “Export”.

Comments are welcome.

Best
Max