Am 19.01.2012 10:40, wrote Radek BartoĊˆ:
> Dne 18.1.2012 21:16, Steffen Hoffmann napsal(a):
>>
>> Hello,
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> I dream of obsoleting the wiki macro and go for all pages
>> (configurable) and even ticket views instead. I may add some
>> development tickets while I dive into this and build up a patch
>> stack.
>>
>> Meanwhile I ask you to consider allowing co-maintenance to me and
>> tell me about your plans for this plugin, if any.
> VisitCounterMacro was abandoned in a day of its release because it
> was made as one-purpose macro for main wiki page of mine Trac-based
> home page (which is no longer running).

Ok, I see.

> So if you like to maintain this plugin, I can give you full blessing.
> Just tell me who to contact.

Well, I'll contact Michael (otaku42) to get this done. Thanks for your
permission.

> On the other hand I don't think that your proposed idea has
> something to do with concept of VisitCounterMacro. IMHO, it's a
> completely new hack. So I'd suggest that you should fork
> VisitCounterMacro, call it e.g. VisitCounterPlugin and then you can
> implement all the "extended" functionality there.

This is a valid proposal, indeed. Never dreamed of doing this one day,
but sure, there are so fundamental changes, that it is certainly valid
to be called a plugin. Thank you for the thumbs-up to get this started
anyway.

> By the way, I'm not sure how VisitCounterMacro works any more but I
> think it is possible (at least theoretically with minor
> modifications) to put it in a ticket too.

I've installed it here in my local test environment based on Trac
0.13dev-r10883, and it works well.

> Thank you for your interest in the hacks and have a nice day,

Thank you too for your inspiring work. I'll try to keep up my work for
Trac hacks as long as possible. Of course, a running application is
often the best driving force to maintain and improve.

Btw, does your affiliation with screenshots share the same fate, and if
so, would you be willing to allow co-maintainer-ship or even hand it
over? Some of my current applications already use this plugin, and I
would like to do some improvements to the initial i18n implementation
too, as my time permits.

Yours,

Steffen Hoffmann
(hasienda)