---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Radhakrishnan Nerur Ramanathan <>
Date: Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM
Subject: Fwd: Fw: The Law of Karma
From: Pancha Nerur

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: kuppusamy narayan
Forwarded
Lakshminarayanan

*Sent:* Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 7:22 PM
*From:* "Kodhandram M.R."
somebody may ask, “Why should I suffer now for my actions in a previous
life? Why so much delay?”

Different seeds fructify after different time durations.

Grains harvest after 2-3  months, some fruit seeds produce fruits after 20
yrs and some seeds may even take 100 yrs to fructify.

Our every action is like a seed sown. The seed will fructify. We cannot
escape.

One may say, “I don’t like this fruit, I don’t want it.” But one will be
forced to eat the fruit, even if it is thorny or bitter.

Results or consequences for our actions will surely come in the course of
time. Different karma seeds (actions) have different time durations to
fructify. Why do different actions give results after different time
durations?

To understand, let’s probe deeper into the mechanism of karma, as is
illustrated through an incident from the Mahabharata.

After the Kurukshetra war, Dhritrarashtra asked Krishna, “I had 100 sons.
All of them were killed. Why?

Krishna replied, “50 lifetimes ago, you were a hunter. While hunting, you
tried to shoot a male bird. It flew away. In anger, you ruthlessly
slaughtered the 100 baby birds in the nest. Father-bird had to watch in
helpless agony.

Because you caused that father-bird the pain of seeing the death of his 100
sons, you too had to bear the pain of your 100 sons dying.

Dhritarastra said, “Ok, but why did I have to wait for fifty lifetimes?”

Krishna answered, “You were accumulating punya (pious credits) during the
last fifty lifetimes to get 100 sons - because that requires a lot of
punya. Then you got the fruit for the papa (sin) that you had done fifty
lifetimes ago.”

Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita (4.17) "gahana karmano gatih".  The way
in which action and result works is very complex. God knows best which
action has to bear fruit at what time and in what manner. Therefore, some
results may come in this lifetime, some in the next and some in a distant
future lifetime.

There is a saying, “The mills of God grind slow; but, they grind
exceedingly fine.” So, every single action will be accounted for, sooner or
later.

Srimad Bhagavatam gives example: if we have a cowshed with 1000 calves and
if we leave a mother cow there, she will easily find out where her calf is
among the thousand. She has this mystical ability.

Similarly, our karma will find us among the millions on this planet. There
may be thousands going on the road but only one meets with an accident. It
is not by chance, it’s by karma.

Thus, the law of karma works exceedingly fine; it may be slow to act, but
no one can escape. So, we should lead our life very carefully so that we
don't have to regret later. We should ensure that we always sow only good
seeds by being kind and helpful to one and all and fulfil all our duties
and responsibilities in a perfect manner. Holding on to God and Guru will
help you to stay on the right path!🙏💞😇