---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Radhakrishnan Nerur Ramanathan
Date: Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 2:55 PM
Subject: Fwd: Back pain treatment near Bangalore Fee Rs. 100- 6th
generation of pr

Back pain treatment near Bangalore Fee Rs. 100- 6th generation of pr
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/USBrahmins/conversations/topics/97088;_ylc=X3oDMTJzdG5kaWRmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEzMTUxMTkxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA3NTk5MQRtc2dJZAM5NzA4OARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxNDg3NjEwMjMz>
​
*Back pain treatment near Bangalore Fee Rs. 100- - Therapy with a twist
and a coin :- 6th generation of practitioners :-*

*his clientele included Kannada film idols Rajkumar, Ambarish and
Vishnuvardhan. Former Lokayuktas, Justices Sudheendra Rao and Santosh Hegde
are also regulars at his clinic. *
[image: coin theraphy]

*When Vijaylakshmi and Sreelata, two educated women in their mid-forties,
land at Bangalore airport from Hyderabad, they seem no different from other
visitors to the city. But they give a somewhat unusual destination to the
cab driver: Karekal village near Nelamangala. They have come here to visit
native healer Shivanna, popularly known as Coin Cut Shivanna, who practises
at Ashakirana Ayurvedic Hospital. The hospital is actually a small house by
the highway with a hall, two bedrooms and a kitchen. Twenty chairs are
placed in the hall for patients to wait. Separate rooms are used to examine
men and women. Shivanna has just one assistant, Narayanappa. When it was
their turn, Sreelata enters the examination room. She tells Shivanna that
she has chronic back pain. Shivanna does not ask anything further, nor
looks at the medical reports she is carrying. He simply applies a specially
prepared herbal oil on her back, touches the spot with his forehead and
meditates for a few moments. He then lifts both her legs and sets them on
the ground again. He applies plaster of Paris on the spot. He then places
four coins in four corners around it, and applies four to five layers of
plaster of Paris. “Now tell me where it was paining, for how many days. Do
you still feel the pain?” he asks. Sreelata, who is now standing, says that
she feels better now. She recollects her extreme back pain, which made it
impossible for her to stand in the kitchen even for 20 minutes. “By the
time I could fry two chapattis, the pain would be unbearable. If I stood a
little more, I felt I was going to collapse,” she said. Sreelata had
undergone treatment at several modern hospitals, but had found no
relief. When she heard of Shivanna, she decided to come to Bangalore along
with her friend Vijayalakshmi who had the same problem. Thanking Shivanna,
she asks when she should come next. “Come again only if you have pain.
There is no need to come otherwise,” is his reply. The knowledge of coin
healing has been in Shivanna’s family for generations. As a child, he
watched his grandmother Hanumakka prepare the medicinal oil. He accompanied
her to the forests, helping her collect herbs, and learning how to make the
oil. “It is the same oil that I make and use on my patients to this day,”
he says. He later learnt under his uncle Muniyappa and father Gangayya. “It
is a divine gift to our family.[image: coin cut]I am of the 6th generation
practising this technique.A simple man, Shivanna betrays no signs of pride,
arrogance or greed. He charges just Rs 100 per consultation. His father
Battarahalli Gangayya is a famous native healer who practices in his
150-bed hospital nearby. Shivanna worked with his father for 20 years from
1982 to 2002. He then started his own hospital at about one km from his
father’s hospital in Karekal village by the Bangalore- Mangalore National
highway. He treats 50 to 150 patients every day. The rush is so much that
Shivanna doesn’t find time to even eat his meals. He hasn’t taken a day off
for the past 30 years. “People come from as far as Maharashtra and Andhra
Pradesh trusting me.How can I let them down? So I try to be available to my
patients every day,” he says. His family has been complaining that he
doesn’t spare time for them. “When I see patients who had come moaning in
pain go smiling, I feel happy. People’s love and trust is more important to
me,” he says. A majority of his patients are women. Shivanna blames it on
the modern tiles on the floors of houses and toilets. “They slip and fall
in their own houses and have to undergo surgery,” he says. People come to
him with fractured limbs, spinal cord problems, weakness, rheumatic pains,
dislocated joints, sprains, cervical spondylitis and slip discs. “I have
handled critical cases too. In certain cases, doctors from hi-tech
hospitals had conducted two-three surgeries and had given up. But I have
treated them and they started walking again,” he claims. Shivanna’s fame
has spread so wide that his clientele included Kannada film idols Rajkumar,
Ambarish and Vishnuvardhan. Former Lokayuktas, Justices Sudheendra Rao and
Santosh Hegde are also regulars at his clinic. Rao calls on him at least
once a month, and has helped organise camps in his home town Bangarupete,

where Shivanna treated hundreds of people. From 1982 to 2002, Shivanna
would attend to patients out of town every Friday. He has conducted camps
in Mysore, Hyderabad, Guntur, Vishakapattana, Bangarupete and Shimoga. In
October 1985, Shivanna participated in the Open Challenge held in USA,
where orthopaedic doctors from all over the world participated. Shivanna
and his father Gangayya treated 10 patients without even seeing the X-ray.
The father-son duo was awarded the Best Doctor title. His father Gangayya
is 95 now and is unable to attend to patients. His assistants run the
hospital in Yantaganahalli. “Many are claiming they are Gangayya’s sons are
treating patients. People have to be careful,” he says. “It is fine if they
are able to really treat patients.” Shivanna has three daughters and one
son. He also does some farming in his five acre land, where he grows
bananas, tomatoes and beans. He is unhappy that people are leaving
agriculture and migrating to cities. “People are lazy. They sell their land
for a pittance and spend the money on liquor. Instead of farming, they go
to cities and clean toilets. The same people who would feed others, beg for
food in cities,” he says. Perhaps Shivanna’s art draws on acupressure, but
he only understands it his way: what he has inherited came from his loving
grandmother. http://talkmag.in/cms/news/health/item/1772-the
rapy-with-a-twist-and-a-coin/
<http://talkmag.in/cms/news/health/item/1772-therapy-with-a-twist-and-a-coin