May I request you to save the topic of my write up and not take it away to
a completely different subject.
YM

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:19 PM Narayanaswamy Subramanian <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear folks
>
> "Imitation is the highest form of flattery," is a popular saying.
>
> Sri Rajaram Krishnamurthy could not resist reproducing in part what I
> wrote about him on 30 July 2020:-
>
> 'Unable to withstand any longer the agony of the unrelenting thrusts of my
> iron-hooked goad, the bleeding "senile madcap 'K R IRS' " has surrendered
> to the inevitable indignity of total surrender.  The rutting-mad
> bull-headed pachyderm in *musth* has bit the dust.
>
> 'Please bear with me while I intone an apt requiem.
>
> 'This is from Sir Walter Scott, the English aristocrat's "The Lay Of The
> Last Minstrel".
>
>
> *"..... Go, mark him well;*
>
> *High though his titles, proud his name,*
>
> *Boundless his wealth as wish can claim;*
>
> *Despite those titles, power, and pelf,*
>
> *The wretch, concentered all in self,*
>
> *Living, shall forfeit fair renown,*
>
> *And, doubly dying, shall go down*
>
> *To the vile dust, from whence he sprung,*
>
> *Unwept, unhonoured, and unsung."*
>
> 'I had earlier earmarked for our late lamented demented zero-hero a
> fitting extract from English "Lake" poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "Kubla
> Khan":-
>
>
> *".... All should cry, Beware! Beware!*
>
> *His flashing eyes, his floating hair!*
>
> *Weave a circle round thrice,*
>
> *And close your eyes with holy dread,*
>
> *For he on honey-dew hath fed,*
>
> *And drunk the milk of Paradise." '*
>
>
> S Narayanaswamy Iyer
> On Sunday, November 22, 2020, 02:16:01 PM GMT+8, Rajaram Krishnamurthy
> [email protected] [Iyer123] <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> Sir
>      It is not IAS or non IAS etc; everyone is assigned a role in the life
> as varna and the task has to be carried out to the best of their abilities
> without desire to encash out of way and in the service of the persons
> assigned to. I was a lecturer in the beginning for a few months and in that
> short period (Mayavaram) I could get a few students of acceptance; after
> many years when i was travelling as IRS between Mambalam and Meenambakkam,
> 3 persons came near me in the train and asked do I remember them; I could
> not; then they added, we were very weak students but because of your advice
> to day we are in a remarkable positions; and one was a junior IRS in
> customs and central exercise with whom I got introduced on that day; then
> after that short stint I came over here; so as a lecturer one produces many
> pillars of the society raising the standards as IAS IRS are all one of them
> sir.  K R IRS 221120
>
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 11:21, Markendeya Yeddanapudi <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
> Sir,
> I am not IRS or IAS material.In 1960,I wrote the IAS examination and I had
> to write a three hour essay.I chose the topic 'Leadership in Democracy,and
> I scored a mark which I think can never be exceeded in the other way.I got
> exactly zero,which I think no other candidate in the History of the UPSC
> equalled.
> I started my essay,on Democracy as rule by scoundrels,of scoundrels and
> for scoundrels,among scoundrels,with scoundrels etc.I got ZERO in the essay
> paper,while in every other paper I scored above fifty percent.Today also,I
> get very few responses.
> YM
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 10:44 AM Rajaram Krishnamurthy <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
> Sir
>      You are raising a question in each article; "to breathe,
> smell,sense,perceive symbiotically with other organisms participating in
> the smell conversation, in smell based exchanges and debates? Do we have
> one university among the thousands of Universities, where the Biosphere is
> given its emotion laden smell voice?"
>       I Just thought it would be right to think this way also hence this
> one. Before I write I wish to present 2 beautiful poems in English, though
> I could have taken the sanskrit versions also; for thinking why? 1 By the
> fame SIR WALTER SCOTT (LAST LINE "UNSUNG" IS A HIT); 2  RABINDRANATH TAGORE.
>          Breathes there the man, with soul so dead,
> Who never to himself hath said,
> This is my own, my native land!
> Whose heart hath ne’er within him burn’d,
> As home his footsteps he hath turn’d,
> From wandering on a foreign strand!
> If such there breathe, go, mark him well;
> For him no Minstrel raptures swell;
> High though his titles, proud his name,
> Boundless his wealth as wish can claim;
> Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
> The wretch, concentrated all in self,
> Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
> And, doubly dying, shall go down
> To the vile dust, from whence he sprung,
> Unwept, unhonour’d, and unsung. (w s)
> 2   Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
> Where knowledge is free;
> ..........Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way;
> Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
> Where the mind is led forward by thee;
> Into ever-widening thought and action;
> Into that heaven of freedom,
> My Father, let my country awake
>    There is life to lead on this earth; and certain things have to be
> learnt as required; well; does it bound one to cry hoarse when things in
> the society go astray?; where did the courage disappeared and made the
> people , the learned silent ,without a protest, to stop the NONSENSE?;
> Where were the courage hid behind from calling a halt on injustice right
> under your nose?; one has forgotten to breath the good air and it is not
> the education; becoming senseless to smell is not out of the education
> model but because of the locked by self silence, lest shall be a target of
> abuse or ill treatment or do not wish to be on either side or let me
> survive; when people prove that the Darwin theory is correct, survival of
> the fittest would arise only by allowing the others to burn, there the
> sense of smell is switched off.  Nandrum theethum pirar thara vaara, good
> and the bad are one's own making. K R IRS 221120
>
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 07:29, yeddanapudim [email protected]
> [Have-A-Heart] <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> Marks, Grades, Merit
>
>
>
> Is there any University, where marks and grades are awarded on the
> student’s capacity, to breathe, smell,sense,perceive symbiotically with
> other organisms participating in the smell conversation, in smell based
> exchanges and debates? Do we have one university among the thousands of
> Universities, where the Biosphere is given its emotion laden smell voice?
>
> A tree, plant or even a blade of grass does not have a Brain like us the
> humans. It is constituted to smell, sense and feel and converse through
> feelings only. Wherever there is scope on Lithosphere (land) and also on
> the floors or flows of the Hydrosphere (water),we find,plants,trees etc,the
> fountains of feelings.
>
> Mother Gaia feels and expresses emotions, through the Biosphere.
>
> She cannot grow a single nut or bolt, the feelings-less monster parts. In
> the name of science we have repudiated our emotional bond to Gaia, and are
> now busy destroying all forests for rapid economic growth. The lunacy has
> become so pervasive, we express feelings too, mathematically and
> mechanically.Today,to understand trees and plants, the student must arrest
> himself/herself in books only and study the mechanical designs and
> structures of trees and plants, by examining the severed branches or leaves
> or flowers. That plants live mainly in feeling and emotions and they can
> converse by smells, is news to the students of Botony,who view them as
> mechanical structures.
>
> The mechanical view is today’s glorified scientific view. The days, when
> sons, daughters, parents, wife and husband, are studied as mechanical
> structures is not far off. After all in economics, the subject matter is
> the economic man, not the man with emotions.
>
> And we give marks and grades, on the basis of the student’s capacity to
> view the life forms, as mechanical emanations.
>
> YM
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Thatha_Patty" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CAL5XZorMYY4Gp%2BVzPmfiXQQvZhOmT8XrPEW74q_7msLSDSfKYg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CAL5XZorMYY4Gp%2BVzPmfiXQQvZhOmT8XrPEW74q_7msLSDSfKYg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
>
>
> --
> *Mar*
>
> __._,_.___
> ------------------------------
> Posted by: Rajaram Krishnamurthy <[email protected]>
> ------------------------------
> Reply via web post
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Iyer123/conversations/messages/34909;_ylc=X3oDMTJycWY3Nm02BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwMDc1NDkzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxMzU1NgRtc2dJZAMzNDkwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzE2MDYwMjU3NTY-?act=reply&messageNum=34909>
> • Reply to sender
> <[email protected]?subject=Re%3A%20%5BHave-A-Heart%5D%20Marks%2CGrades%2CMerit>
> • Reply to group
> <[email protected]?subject=Re%3A%20%5BHave-A-Heart%5D%20Marks%2CGrades%2CMerit>
> • Start a New Topic
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Iyer123/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZmtramt0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwMDc1NDkzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxMzU1NgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE2MDYwMjU3NTY->
> • Messages in this topic
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Iyer123/conversations/topics/34906;_ylc=X3oDMTM3MjAzcmdtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwMDc1NDkzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxMzU1NgRtc2dJZAMzNDkwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzE2MDYwMjU3NTYEdHBjSWQDMzQ5MDY->
> (2)
> Visit Your Group
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Iyer123/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMHYxb2p2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwMDc1NDkzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxMzU1NgRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzE2MDYwMjU3NTY->
>
>
> [image: Yahoo! Groups]
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJlajBxa2VuBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzEwMDc1NDkzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxMzU1NgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTYwNjAyNTc1Ng-->
> • Privacy <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> •
> Unsubscribe <[email protected]?subject=Unsubscribe> • Terms
> of Use <https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/>
>
> .
>
> __,_._,___
>


-- 
*Mar*

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CACDCHC%2B8QQr3xJb3501ESnk0ysL68e4xhJBDeuDdevytAiewWA%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to