Pranam All were weird and meaningless adult content. Forest burning by Krishna paints an erroneous picture; an answer to a jail bird is no doubt counselling but should it be here?; I do not understand; many doctor have great experiences but here a charmless one; I used here when I was kid that Dr Rangachari who was a smoker and surgeon felt complications of the child leg crossed on the passage path of mother and without coming out , that could kill the mother if mishandled; a quick solution was needed; Dr Rangachari came out of the surgery room in pensive mood; lighted a cigarette; then went to the surgery room and placed the hot butt on the leges of the child; the legs were pulled in by the child and the baby was delivered safe while mother was also safe. Everyone wants only a decent home, a beautiful wife etc only. Today there are many parents who did the sathabhishekam to see the shashtiabdapoorthi of their son also. There are girls who are married without parents also. No one could talk with the dead. I fall asleep once on the bed till date BY HIS GRACE and why Japan?. KR IRS 12421
On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 at 21:59, 'gopala krishnan' via iyer123 < [email protected]> wrote: > *CULTURAL QA 04-2021-09* > > *Being a compilation there may be errors* > > Q1 How come Japanese people are able to fall asleep so easily > within minutes and take short naps on trains? > > A1 Erhan Ethem Updated February 14, 2019 Lives in Japan > > Being from the United States*, I was SHOCKED when I saw so many people > sleeping on the train in Japan*. Are these people crazy? Someone could > rob them, assault them, kidnap their kid, or *at the very least, they > could miss their stop!* > > I was on a packed train, every seat was full, people were bunched together > standing, and they could all sleep! What was going on? Maybe a gas leak? > > Then I looked around the train car at the people who weren’t sleeping. > Some kids in school uniforms, playing on their smartphones. A businessman > reading the newspaper. > > A woman with her sleeping child, on Instagram. My heart rate began to slow > as the realization hit me… Everything is okay. > > *An announcement came on the PA announcing the station*. A few slumped > heads perked up, sleepily shuffled toward the door, and got off. I was > mesmerized as *I witnessed this phenomenon repeat station after station.* > > When I arrived at my station I looked around at the people getting off, > and those getting on. There was no one who made me become alert, or > nervous. There were no shifty eyes, no hidden purposes, no panhandlers, or > deranged lunatics. Just people who wanted to go home. > > So, to answer your question, *Japanese people intrinsically trust each > other. *They work hard, don’t get enough sleep, and view the train ride > home as a rare opportunity to do nothing. They all seem to be looking out > for each other, while minding their own business. It is a sight to behold. > Sweet dreams Japan. > > > > Q2 Nearly two months ago I got released after serving 15 out of > 20 years prison sentence. I am 38 years old and I currently live with my > brother and his family? What can I do to be back on my feet? How can I > adjust by myself to outside world? > > A2 Beela Joseph 19m ago Whatever has happened has happened. > Don’t stress yourself coz of that. Now start by doing exercise and some > meditation . And can I tell U a job which you can easily do …. Start a > Tea Shop . It’s very little money and U can easily make money. Now the > important factor is make it simple and reasonable price. Your turn over > will be good. God Bless U . > > Q3 What is the role of senior citizens in the life of their > married sons? > > A3 Bhuvana Rameshwar March 27-2021 -married for three decades > > Retired…You are retired not just from your 9 hrs jobs *but in all family > matters, car driving, choosing a good TV, car or smart phone, choosing the > best network, why even the best school for grand child..and the list is > endless.* > > Actually it means take a back seat and let them live their lives, they > will learn from their mistakes, experience pain and become smarter. You > don't have to advise, warn or prepare them for life's challenges. > > *You have lived your life well and now it is their turn.* Live and let > live without much interference as anyway there is a big generation gap > which will not accept your wisdom and rich experience. > > *When they want advice then help them*. If they need help with grandchild > help them. Help them with the cooking, planning birthday parties, or road > trips but only when they need. > > *If they have trouble paying back dues in credit card then help them*, > but don't ask them how much they earn or if they save. This is common in > unmarried youngsters but also found in some married sons. > > Let them learn themselves from their mistakes. Do not embarrass them. At > the most tell them “it happens “but never say the relationship spoiler “ I > told you so “ > > *P. S. this applies to married daughters, sons - in - law too.* > > *My note- I went to purchase a dining table after one of the chairs > broken with my son and daughter in* law. I left the purchase to their > choice. As usual I paid with my card. > > I was attracted to a Teakwood stand for TV. They could not appreciate it. > When they quoted the price both expressed we may get better. Being a > known shop, I knew the price is worth the product. It was pure teakwood > finish and *fit for my SONY flat TV. * With a smile, I told when they > supply at home you would understand it. On placing the TV it was found > very suited and *my old stand was having a break in one leg*. They could > understand, just for replacement I purchased. It is about 15 years now > after the incident. When my son comes to my room seeing the shining > Teakwood stand, *Appa, you selected best*. When you purchased I could not > appreciate it’s quality. > > Q4 What type of people should we not interact with for the sake > of our own peace? > > A4 Anubhav Jain Fri Written 3 books on Life, living and > motivation. > > *Who consistently mock at you, insult you, and evidently hate you, even if > they are family.* > > Who criticise you in public and appreciate you or apologise when alone. > > Frustrated strangers on the street who are willing to break anyone's head > for the smallest of arguments. > > *People who consider their opinions as facts, facts as myths, and other > people's opinions as trash.* > > Who always quote you to save themselves in front of others, they get out > words from your mouth by convincing you, and use those words to protect > themselves and to make you the culprit. > > *My note- Sri Anubhav Jain, an youngster answer is like that of a old man > well experienced in life. I appreciate all the points told in the answer* > > > > Q5 Have you ever had a phone conversation with a ghost or a demon? > > A5 Answered by Sarae Lorenzo Tue- supernatural evidence > > Well It was about 4–5 years ago, it was 10 or 11 in the morning and I had > the flue. I was on my couch reading and my phone rang. I did not know the > number so I did not answer. > > Later that day I realized I barley had any food for dinner so I had to go > to a store. I was there for about an hour and a half and when I got home > I had a voice mail so I played it. I was a women's voice saying Hello > over and over. I thought it was just someone who had just prank called me. > > > At about 6 in the afternoon someone knocked on my door. *There was a > package so I picked it up. In there were pictures of my great grandmother > and I picture of me*. I got pretty scared so i went inside. *I don’t know > for sure but the women calling me sounded like my grate grandmother who had > died ten years before.* > > > > Q6 Do any parents ever live to see their adult children turn 50? > > A6 Katharine Wilkinson 22m ago > > My grandma died when I was 50. Both my parents are still alive. My brother > is now 51 so they've seen two of their adult children turn 50. Both are > still in good health so I expect they'll see my sister turn 50 in 4 years. > There's a very good chance they'll see my other sister and brother turn 50 > too. > > If my mum lives as long as her mum did she'll see my daughter turn 50. > > *My note- The question may better their children reach 60, due to the > improvement of current medical advances.* > > > > Q7 What is your observation as a doctor? > > A7 We, as doctors, meet many people in day-today life. *Basically > I learnt two things-* > > 1. It doesn't require a person to be rich to take of their parents. > > *I've seen some very poor cancer patients, whose sons & DIL take care of > them very nicely.* > > Once I had a cancer patient from a well to do family, old & in advanced > stage; although he didn't have much symptoms like pain, breathlessness, > but cancer had spread to all body parts. He was more than 80 & by his look > (we assess by performance status), its risky to give them any cancer > treatments & they won't get benefit also. *So, we explained everything to > the relatives & ask them to take home.* > > After 1month, his son came to us complaining *“U told he'll die soon, but > he is still alive…….same like before & no sign of dying”* > > 2. Second thing………never guess anyone's relationship. I did this mistake > twice…….. > > Once I had a 10yr old patient of meningitis during my internship. She > stayed in hospital for around 3weeks & a male person in 25–30s used to take > care of her. *I thought him to be her father, but he was her brother……* > > Another once a Bangladeshi patient of lung cancer came to OPD aged > >60years, & accompanying him a young girl of 16–18years was there. *I > asked her to bring his wife or some adult whom I can explain the treatment, > but she told she is his wife* & she had to sign the consent forms for > treatment………. > > *So, never guess anyone's relationship……… its none of our business. * > > > > Q8 When Krishna and Arjuna burnt down the forests of Khandav, why > didn't they allow the birds and animals to escape? Why did they shoot down > any creature that tried to flee the forest? > > A8 Bhanu Kiran Fri-Exploring ancient texts of Sanatana Dharma > > God Agni had eaten butter offered by King Swetaki for 12 continuous years. > Agni became pale, lost his color and could not shine like before. This > resulted Agni in decrease of energy and increase in sickness. > > *Agni became pale, having lost his colour, and he could not shine as > before*. He felt a loss of appetite from surfeit, and his energy itself > decreased and sickness afflicted him. [1] > > *When Agni approached Brahma for a solution, Brahma told him to consume > the fat of the birds and animals* residing in Khandava forest. *When Agni > consumes those creatures, he will regain his original form.* Saying this, > *Brahma > asked Agni* to proceed towards Khandava forest and consume the forest > along with its living creatures. > > The dreadful forest Khandava, that abode of the enemies of the gods, which > thou hadst of old once consumed to ashes at the request of the gods, hath > now become the home of numerous creatures. When thou will have eaten the > fat of those creatures, thou shalt regain thy own nature. Proceed thither > in haste to consume that forest with its living population. Thou wilt then > be cured of thy malady.[2] > > When Krishna and Arjuna aided Agni in this task, Agni was cured from his > disease. This is the reason Krishna and Arjuna did not allow any creatures > to escape from the forest. However a naga named Aswasena was able to > escape with the help of Indra, but rest of the creatures were killed for > the sake of Agni. > > Footnotes[1] Adi Parva: Khandava-daha Parva: Section CCXXV[2] Adi Parva: > Khandava-daha Parva: Section CCXXV > > Q9 What statements describe what happens as you rub your hands > together? > > A9 Alan McClure, Submarine Sailor IC1(SS) Nuclear Elect. > Operator Answered Sat > > *Some of the energy expended to rub your hands to together is converted by > friction into heat.* > > Also blood rushes to your hands. These two effects will make your hands > warmer. > > > > Q10 Which luxury are you looking for in your life? > > A10 Awdhesh Singh Fri Ex-IRS|IITian|Educator|Author Essay & Ethics > book for UPSC > > I am looking for the following luxuries in life. > > A decent house for my family in a decent place > > A mid-segment car to travel at my convenience > > A laptop to write articles, answers and books > > A mobile phone to surf email and social media > > A kindle to read books at my convenience > > High-speed internet connection > > Netflix and Tata-binge connection to watch movies, documentaries etc. > > Sufficient free time to do the things I love > > *Freedom to say and do what I want to do* > > *Freedom to say no to what I don’t wish to do* > > Time to spend with family and friends > > Travel different places in India and the world > > *Enough income to take care of all the above expenses* > > However, these are not the luxuries that I am looking for. > > These are the luxuries that are not too expensive and thankfully I am > already having all of them in my life. > > I had once aspired to these luxuries and I have worked hard for decades to > afford these luxuries of life. > > I am happy that I am now able to enjoy these luxuries by *taking some > hard decisions in my life like quitting my government job well in time to > follow my passion for teaching and writing. * > > *All the above QA are based on Quora on 11-04 - 2021. Quora answers need > not be 100% correct answers * > > *Compiled and posted by R. Gopala krishnan on 11-4- 2021* > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "iyer123" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/1036282359.541943.1618158533463%40mail.yahoo.com > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/1036282359.541943.1618158533463%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thatha_Patty" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CAL5XZooVPOQHw9jJH7Yi8Atdt4AnwrvwVWgiAO1nXX1tofaHmQ%40mail.gmail.com.
