Pranam
   Nature protects if we protect the nature

1    In the AtharvavedaVeda (Prithvi Sukta, slok no.- 12), the Vedic seer

solemnly declares the enduring filial allegiance of humankind to Mother
Earth. “Mata Bhumih Putroham Prithivyah” : Earth is my mother, I am her
son.'. It can be understood that Vedic society was the first Environmental
Protection Society in the history of mankind. In Veda we find the concept
that everything in the world has life in it whether it is living or
non-living. Veda begins with the worship of Gods of Nature, viz. the
terrestrial Gods like Prithvi, Agni, Brihaspati and Soma, the atmospheric
Gods like Indra, Rudra, Maruts, Vayu and Parjanya and the celestial Gods
like Dyaus, Varuna, Ushas and Asvins.

2       *सत्यं* *बृहदृतमुग्रं* *दीक्षा* *तपो* *ब्रह्म* *यज्ञः* *पृथिवीं*
*धारयन्ति* *।*
*सा* *नो* *भूतस्य* *भव्यस्य* *पत्न्युरुं* *लोकं* *पृथिवी* *नः* *कृणोतु*
*॥१॥*
Satyam Brhad-Rtam-Ugram Diikssaa Tapo Brahma Yajnyah Prthiviim Dhaarayanti |
Saa No Bhuutasya Bhavayasya Patny[i]-Urum Lokam Prthivii Nah Krnnotu ||1||

Meaning:
1.1: (Salutations to Mother Earth) The Truth (Satyam), the Cosmic Divine
Law (Ritam), the Spiritual Passion manifested in
Mighty Initiations, Penances and self dedications to the search
of Brahman (by the sages); these have sustained the Mother Earth for ages
(Who in turn have supported these in Her Bosom),
1.2: She, Who is to us the Consort of the Past and the Future (being its
witness), May She expand our inner life in this World towards the Cosmic
Life (through Her Purity and Vastness).

*असंबाधं* *बध्यतो* *मानवानां* *यस्या* *उद्वतः* *प्रवतः* *समं* *बहु* *।*
*नानावीर्या* *ओषधीर्या* *बिभर्ति* *पृथिवी* *नः* *प्रथतां* *राध्यतां* *नः*
*॥२॥*
Asambaadham Badhyato Maanavaanaam Yasyaa Udvatah Pravatah Samam Bahu |
Naanaa-Viiryaa Ossadhiiryaa Bibharti Prthivii Nah Prathataam Raadhyataam
Nah ||2||

Meaning:
2.1: (Salutations to Mother Earth) Who extends Unimpeded Freedom (both
outer and inner) to Human Beings through Her Mountains, Slopes and Plains,
2.2: She bears many Plants and Medicinal Herbs of various Potencies; May
She extend Her Riches to us (and make us healthy)

*यस्याश्चतस्रः* *प्रदिशः* *पृथिव्या* *यस्यामन्नं* *कृष्टयः* *संबभूवुः* *।*
*या* *बिभर्ति* *बहुधा* *प्राणदेजत्सा* *नो* *भूमिर्गोष्वप्यन्ने* *दधातु*
*॥४॥*
Yasyaash-Catasrah Pradishah Prthivyaa Yasyaam-Annam Krssttayah Sambabhuuvuh

Yaa Bibharti Bahudhaa Praannad-Ejat-Saa No Bhuumir-Gossv[u]-Apy[i]-Anne
Dadhaatu ||4||

Meaning:
4.1: (Salutations to Mother Earth) In Her resides the Four Directions of
the World; in Her is contained Food which She manifests when Ploughed,
4.2: She sustains the various Lives living in Her; May She, the Mother
Earth, bestow on us the Ray of Life present even in Food.

So it goes…………..and ends as

*महत्सधस्थं* *महती* *बभूविथ* *महान्वेग* *एजथुर्वेपथुष्टे* *।*
*महांस्त्वेन्द्रो* *रक्षत्यप्रमादम्* *।*
*सा* *नो* *भूमे* *प्र* *रोचय* *हिरण्यस्येव* *संदृशि* *मा* *नो* *द्विक्षत*
*कश्चन* *॥१८॥*
Mahat-Sadhastham Mahatii Babhuuvitha Mahaan-Vega Ejathur-Vepathusstte |
Mahaan-s-Tve[a-I]ndro Rakssatya[i-A]pramaadam |
Saa No Bhuume Pra Rocaya Hirannyasye[a-I]va Samdrshi Maa No Dvikssata
Kashcana ||18||

Meaning:
18.1: (Salutations to Mother Earth) Great is this Place where we stand
together (i.e. live together); Mighty is the Force present in it, which
controls its Great Speed of Movement and Shaking,
18.2: Great is the God Indra who protects Her with Vigilence (day and
night),
18.3: (In this great meeting place enveloped by Divine Powers)
May She the Bhoomi (Earth), make us lustrous like Gold so that we do not
see anyone with the attitude of Hatred.

VEDA SAYS THAT ONLY WHEN WE PROTECT DHARMA, DHARMA WILL PROTECT US; DHARMO
RAKSHATHI RAKSHATA:; SO TOO ONLY WHEN WE PROTECT THE EARTH IT PROTECTS US;
NATURAL PROTECTION OF A WOMAN OR MAN IS LIMITED; SO TOOTHAT OF MOTHER
EARTH; LET PEOPLE AWAKE.  KR   IRS  24421