CULTURAL QA 06-2021-05

Being  a compilation there may  be errors

Q1         Whatwill be the difference between a government MBBS pass out and
private MBBS passout student?

A1          Abhijay MenonFebruary 4,2020 MBBS from NKP Salve Institute of
Medical Sciences (Expected 2023)

A government college MBBS Pass-out would've spent about 8–10 lakhs forhis
entire course, and a Private College MBBS Pass-out would've spent the
sameamount or even more, in a single year.

Knowledge rarely makes adifference, because, it isultimately up to you, how you
study, refer to sources and look at cases.Knowledge acquisition isconditional,
but the Money spent is compulsion.

Q2         Whatis the science behind avoiding non-veg on full moon day?

A2          Meera C S, Student,Advocate for gender equality and respectUpdated
March 31, 2018

Absolutely nothing. There is no science behind such a claim.Superstition and
religious beliefs are the fuel to such things. It is usually backed by
certaininterpretations of sacred texts, or astrology, and sometimes
traditional(unscientific) medical practices or regional lores.

 In the eyes of science, non-vegetarianfood is just food, discriminated only
based on weather you eat it or not, whatit contains in the molecular level, and
how your metabolism works. Metabolism does not wait forsun or moon to decide
how to process the food that you take in; it isdependent on your physiology

2ND ANSWER- Avinash Bhate, B.E. Mechanical Engineering,UNIVERSITY OF PUNE, PUNE
(2000) Answered June 10, 2017

I am hearing about this for the first time… but I could venture a guess… This
is something to do with yourspiritual progress and enhancing your abilities.

On full moon day, earth, sun & moon are in a line thereby changingmagnetic
field to some extent. This enables you to tap your hidden abilities.

Non-veg food limits that processas it could interfere with your mind. This is
just my guess…

Q3         Karnagot the name "Karna" after donating his Kavach-Kundal to Indra.
Whendid Karna exactly donate his earrings and Kavach to Indra. What was he
referredto before that by everyone?

A3          Answered by VivekAggarwal Wed

Karna ‘exchanged’and not ‘donated’ his kavach and kundal with Indra. Donation
is whenyou give something without expecting anything in return. However, Karna
alreadyknew that Indra will come to him in the guise of a brahmin to ask for
hiskavach and kundal as hewas informed about this in his dream by Suryadev.

Surya dev had also advised him toask Indra for an infallible weapon in exchange
of his kavach and kundal. Karna did exactly that and got the Vasavi Shaktifrom
Indra Dev. He did this exchange before the start of the incognito periodof
Pandavas.

Before that Karna was known asVasusen, the name given to himby his foster
parents Radha and Adhirath.

Q4         SrimadhBhagavadam says Krishna bestowed mercy on all gopis which was
not even receivedby Lakshmi. If Radha was Lakshmi then why do Bhagavadam states
so?

A4          Samridhi A Rasikaservant🧡Wed

That is why it issaid to read all about the mercy of supreme personalities
before reading theirlilas in Braj Dham. Even I have not read Srimad Bhagvatam
till nowbut I know this verse. To understand this we need to go deeper in the
love ofBraj.

You must be knowing that inVrindavan, Radha isn't worshipped as Mahalakshmi or
the Mother of universe.There she is a simple gopi. Thereshe lives a simple life
of being Krishna’s beloved. People there know her as the best worshipper
ofKrishna and not Lakshmi.

If you read Bhagvatam, then you must be knowing that people in Vrindavanwere so
naive, that whenKrishna took the form of Mahavishnu and Srimati Radharani took
the form ofMahalakshmi, the residents worshipped them as God's.

And then started searching for Krishna because they never believed thatKrishna
was God and radha was goddess. They just loved him like their ownfriends.

Many times Radha is consideredLakshmi when she is with Narayan. But when with
Krishna, she is known as a gopionly. In Vrindavan, she has friends, male
friends,brothers, sisters, and many times even enemies just for fun.

But that does not mean she is not a goddess!

That is why it is said that the lakshmi of Vaikunth was unfortunate thatshe
couldn't enter Golok, the spiritual planet of love!

Q5         Whatare you tired of watching?

A5          Gopalkrishna Vishwanath Willingresponder to survey questions May 19

I am tired of watching TV. Igave up a few years ago.

I occasionally tune in when something sensational or very important isgoing on
or a top sporting event like the World cup finals or IPL finals isbeing
telecast. I watch the annual budget broadcast, or if some sensationallive event
is being telecast and my neighbor or friend alerts me on the phoneand asks if I
am watching it.

I stopped watching TV serials and the news channels. The noise from TVpanel
discussions annoys me. The shouting by the participants and theirfrequent
interruptions disgusts me and I switch off. I try not to hear themthem from my
neighbor’s TV set.

Ever since I got an always-on, high-speed internet connection and a goodlaptop,
I found I don’t need a TV at home. Browsing the net, watching YouTube,Googling
Wikying, Emailing, Zooming and Quoring all day keeps me busy. Whoneeds TV?

My note- I watch TV for news, debates and soaps cine music anddoordarshan
channel for more informative topics. I gain a lot of information from
conversation, manyreferring puranas, vedas, sayings etc.

I still recollect a debate in which a politician telling aboutincompletion of a
project by Kerala Government- Illathu ninnu purapetukayum cheithu, ambatt
ottuethiyum illa (Started from father’s home, still not reached Mother’shome).

Another satire about not coming of vaccines from abroad for covid 19 -
Sputinikku varunnu, vimanamvarunnu ennokkae parayunnathallethae, onnum vannum
kanunilla(sputnik referscovid vaccine sputnik  to Kerala). Ienjoy such timely
talks. I wrote about sumaithangi film since I saw it long back.

Q6         Whatis the difference between voluntary hyperventilation and
involuntaryHyperventilation?

A6          With voluntary, the breather has made adecision to take in as many
breaths as possible as quickly as possible…..forwhatever reasons.

With “involuntary” the breather may not be aware what they are doing.

Q7         Ifhell doesn't exist according to Hinduism, then why does Garuda
Purana abouthell? Some Hindus said that hell exist but not eternity. So why
does one stillborn in a poor family if his karma has paid?

A7          Parama Devi Founder andDirector at Jagannatha Vallabha Vedic
Research Center Wed

Naraka exists, but it is notthe hell in which abrahamics believe - in other
words, it is not eternal, it is not a punishment fordisobedience, and it is not
about physical torture. Naraka is a subtle dimension in which a
person(spirit+mind) who has caused unnecessary harm and sufferings to innocent
beingsis made aware of the seriousness of his/ her past crimes.

It is like a nightmare causedby one’s guilty conscience. Atsome point the
individual sincerely repents and wishes to get a new opportunityto set things
right, pay his/her karmic debts, and prove s/he has changed.

At that point s/he can take birth in suitable circumstances.

The sufferings one experiences in a nightmare do not pay any karmic debt.They
only help one realize the unpalatable truth that s/he indeed has somekarmic
debts to pay.

Q8         Can cremation be doneafter sunset? What do Hindu scriptures say
about the timing of cremation?

A8          Rami Sivan Priest,Dharma teacher, counsellor, Gov. Advisor
(1998–present)Wed

Cremations are usually done ASAP after death, but normally not aftersunset. The
Shastras don’tactually discuss the timing because it is assumed that it will
beduring the day only.

But in the current emergency pandemic situation in India anything ispermitted
under the apad-dharma provisions

My note- My late  father was taken to burial ground after 8PM,on the day of
death, waiting for me to have last sight. ( I had to come from Trivandrum after
hearing the news at 4 PM). Our local temple couldnotstart Pooja until body is
taken to funeral ground, due to close proximity totemple- a local custom

Q9         Betweensuper built-up area, built-up area and carpet area which one
should beconsidered legally?

A9          Prasanna Bhalerao I havesome experience in real estate deals. Tue

In the official and governmentregistry documents, only the carpet area is
considered the true measure. This is because walls (that add to built up
area)have no uniform standard thickness. Super built up is inclusion of common
areasinto the built up area. This is also known as saleable area. Again there
is no uniformity here.

Builders have a complete control over their units of measure. But theycan't lie
about carpet area. So if you wish to know the real size, ask about the carpet
area.Divide the asking price by carpet area to get the true value. Generally
the accepted norm iscarpet +15% of carpet area = built up area. Built up area +
15% of built-up =super built up.

Q10       Whichis the best place to live in India?

A10        Suresh Varma UpdatedSeptember 23, 2018 Studied Computer Science &
Computer Science at Osmania(Graduated 1995)

Generally people are referring big cities where you don’t get a glimpseof
nature to enjoy or Hill stations where you will get bored after few days
asthere will not be any much life (at least slow paced).

What if you get combination of both with city cum village life style and
properconnectivity by all means of transport…HERE YOU GO!!!!!!!1

Imagine a place which is a small city where you can have good
shoppingexperience, access to good restaurants, star hotels, resorts, coffee
bars,lounge cafes, all types of luxury milk shakes, drive in restaurants etc.

Imagine a place which is right on the bank of vast river with serenenatural
beauty.

Imagine a place which is surrounded by Paddy rich farm fields, coconutgardens,
10,000 acres of lush green nursery plants, with green houses(nurseries)

Imagine a place which has very less population (Tier 3 city) and lesscongested
and no traffic jams.

Imagine a place which has almost zero crime rate and extremely safe
foreverybody.

Most reasonable cost of living(2BHK rental would be around 5k to 10k Max),
reasonable cost for groceries, vegetables and daily needs.

I don’t know much about other places which can satisfy above criteria,but
surely you will like this place and vote for this city after reading this.

I would like to refer “Rajamahendravaram”(aliasRajahmundry) in AP. It is the
one of the most beautiful city on the bank of river Godavari having historyof
more than 1400 years.Here people are more attached to river Godavari by
allmeans and their life style is linked to this river.

There are more stations on bankof Godavari but the station named “Godavari”
here only and no where else it isnamed . (there is one more mainstation
“Rajahmundry” in the city next to Godavari station), just an example ofhow
people attached to river.

CITY VIEW:

Nowhere else in its travel, its breadth is 3kms , but here it is morethan 3 kms
and hence we got four world class bridges and one barrage.

Have a glimpse of breadth of Godavari here..

2. Kotilingalu ghat spansnearly 2km which is India’s biggest river ghat

3. A domestic airport with connectivity to south india

4. Life is very calm here and almost zero crime rate. (like this in pic)

5. Less congested and the population is less than 6 lakhs populationincluding
urban agglomeration.

6. Shoppers paradise.. Reliance, Walmart, Spencershyper, Bigbazaar,pantaloons,
MAX and all other major shopping malls are here and many morecoming up.

7. Fresh fish, prawns and other sea food available plenty here.

8. Many resorts, 3 or 4 star hotels, coffee lounges etc

La Hospin a 3 star hotel  River bayresorts, 4 star Shelton Rajamahendri…4
star,Dindi resorts (1 hour drive fromRajahmundry).

9. Best tourist place and APgovt making it as Tourism hub of AP.

10. The only drawback need to be mentioned is , Weather in summer is very harsh
esp between April to June.

11. Nitya Godavari Harathi(every day) at 7pm is really afeast for eyes. During
this time the LED light show on the bridges must bewatched.

Thick and dense forest with many jungle resorts…just 2 hours drive fromcity.

Vanavihari resort…

18. Travelling on cruise boatfrom Rajahmundry to Papikondalu (4 hours boat
journey) and staying on river bank at kolluru huts for whole night will bemost
memorable event in life. The advantage here is, you don’t have any
mobilenetwork, or any other transport. You will be completely disconnected from
theworld until you get your cruise on next day evening. You can have open air
bathhere with cystal clear water and the depth here is just 4 feet which is
idealfor bath who doesn’t know swimming

12. You get fresh vegetables, fruits directly from farms every day.

About Bridges:

First (Old bridge) constructedby British govt in 1897 which is decommissioned
recently and Ap tourism is planning to make it as walker’s bridge soon.

Third, Constructed in 1995which is Bow string arch bridge with 28 strings/spans
and the gap between each span is 100m (which is one of the finest bowstring
arch bridge in the world with 100m span apart)

Second , Road cum rail bridge which is asia’s secondlongest road cum rail
bridge.

4th bridge constructed in 2014 , exclusive for road way (seperate bridgesfor
both side traffic)

One barrage constructed 40 yrsback and it spans around 7kms. Here Godavari
splitted into two rivers Gowtamiand Vashishta and each spans 2kms…The land
between (both side rivers and one side bay of bengal is the mostbeatiful and
fertile land in India). This area is called Konaseema.

Kadiyam Nurseries( out skirts ofcity) and there are 10 villages spans 1000 of
acres dedicated for only plantsand nurseries.

Sea coast is just 60kms from here and the place Antarvedi is mostbeautiful
place to visit(here Godavari submerges into sea)

Thanks for reading this, if you get time do visit this place and relax
innature’s lap for few days. (ideal time to visit is Sep to Feb)

My note- I am not able to upload beautiful pictures of Godavari

Duan mein yaad rakhna

All the above QA are based onQuora digest on 04-06- 2021. Quora answers need
not be 100% correct answers

Q11       *Duaon mein yaad rakhna -Keep me in your prayers.* Can you tell the
story about it?

A11        cnu pne<srinivasan.ms2...@gmail.com>Fri, 4 Jun at 6:58 pm

Since we always say Keep me in your prayers to each other, I thought of
sharinga small story about the actual meaning of these 5 words.

Just go on and read it and I am sure you will start thinking the way I amafter
reading this story.

A voyaging ship was wreckedduring a storm at sea and only two of the men on it
were able to swim to asmall, desert like island.

The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agree that they had noother
recourse but to prayto God

However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful, they agreed todivide the
territory between them and stay on opposite sides of the island.

The first thing they prayed forwas food.

The next morning, the first man saw a fruit-bearing tree on his side ofthe
land, and he was able to eat its fruit.

The other man's parcel of land remained barren.

After a week, the first man waslonely, and he decided to pray for a wife. The
next day, there was a woman who swam to his side of the land.

On the other side of theisland, there was nothing. Soon the first man prayed
for a house, clothes and more food. The next day, like magic, all of thesewere
given to him.

However, the second man still had nothing.

Finally, the first man prayedfor a ship, so that he and his wife could leave
the island. In the morning, he found a ship docked at his side of the island.

The first man boarded the shipwith his wife and decided to leave the second man
on the island. He considered the other man unworthy to receive God'sblessings,
since none of his prayers had been answered.

As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from heavenbooming,
Why are you leavingyour companion on the island?

My blessings are mine alone,since I was the one who prayed for them, the first
man answered. His prayers were all unanswered and so he does notdeserve
anything.

You are mistaken! the voice rebuked him. He had only one prayer, which I
answered. If not for that,you would not have received any of my blessings.

Tell me, the first man asked the voice, did he pray for that I should owe him
anything?

He prayed that all your prayersbe answered. For all we know,our blessings are
not the fruits of our prayers alone, but those of anotherpraying for us.

My prayer for you today is that all your prayers are answered. Be What you do
for others is moreimportant than what you do for yourself.

*Duaon mein yaad rakhna - Keep me in your prayers*

Compiled and posted by R. Gopala krishnan on 05-6-2021