----- Forwarded message ----- From: 'gopala krishnan' via Thatha_Patty
<thatha_patty@googlegroups.com>To: Patty Thatha
<thatha_patty@googlegroups.com>; Iyer <iyer...@googlegroups.com>; Kerala Iyer
<keralaiy...@googlegroups.com>Sent: Friday, 23 July, 2021, 5:32:50 am
ISTSubject: DIVINE PRAYERS PART 6

DIVINE PRAYERS PART6

Malar Padal storam (tamil)

(Prayer of flowers)

Translatedby P.R.Ramachander

(Thisremarkable prayer  in Tamil tells us thebenefits we would get by
worshipping 23 forms of the Goddess with 23 different typesof  flowers.)

1.Roja poo kondu vandhe

“engal Rajarajeswariyai poojaicheythal,

Desadhi desam  mechum

Rajavai pola vazha cheyval.

Ifyou bring rose flowers and worship our Rajarajeswari , She would make you
livelike a king appreciated by all countries.

2.Mullai poo kondu vandhe-

engal komalangiyai  poojai cheythal,

Illai endru  chollamale

aval alli alli thanthiduval.

Ifyou bring jasmine* flowers  andworship  her with a pretty mien, She willnever
say no and  keep on giving andgiving.         *Jasminum auriculatum

3.Marukozhundu  konduvandhe

engal maheswariyai poojai cheythal,

Thirukolam kondu ange  ,

dinam thorum aval vanthiduval.

Ifyou bring Davanam  and worship our greatGoddess, She would assume her divine
form and daily come there.

4.Jathi poo kondu vandhe-

engal jothi avalai poojai cheythal,

Oodhi unaraa  vithai ellam

thanthu medhai  endrakki viduval.

Ifyou bring Jaji mullai* flowers  andworship our flame of light, She would give
you knowledge that you have notlearnt andmake you a genius.

*Jasminumgrandiflorum

5.Magizham poo kondu vandhe

“engal mathangiyai poojai cheythal,

Manamagatha  kanniyarkku

 thirumanam aval nadathi vaippal.

Ifyou bring Bakula* flowers  and worshipour Goddess of knowledge ,She  would
carry out the marriage of unmarriedmaids.   Mimuspos elengi

6.Thazham poo kondu vandhe

“engal Dakshayaniyai poojai  cheythal,

Vazhatha pennai aval

nadanudan  cherthu vazha vaippal.

Ifyou bring Screw pine *flowers  andworship our Goddess who is daughter
ofDaksha, She  would make the lady who does not live herhusband , rejoin him.

      *Pandanus odoratissmus

7.Pathram kondu vandhe-

engal Bhagwathiyai poojai cheythal,

Puthra bhagyam illathavarkku  Kuzhandhai peru thanthiduval.

Ifyou bring leaves  and worship our GoddessBhagawathi,She would bless with
children, those who did not have any child.

8.Thamarai poo kondu vandhe-

engal Shyamaiyai poojai cheythal,

Thamatham cheyyamale aval

thali pichai thanthiduval.

Ifyou bring lotus flowers  and worship ourblack Goddess, Without any delay she
would help your husband to live.

9.Malligai poo kondu vandhe

“engal Maheswariyai  poojai cheythal,

Billi soonyam  evaal ,yellam

aval pinnale oda cheyval.

Ifyou bring  jasmine*flowers  and worship our supreme godess,She will makeBlack
magic and  evil spirits and othersto run behind her.

          *Jasminumsambac

10. Chenpaga poo kondu vandhe

“engal ambigayai poojaicheythal,

Janmantrhara pavamellam

aval theerthu  vilakki ottiduval.

If  you bring Champa*flowers  and worship our divine mother ,She will put aend
to sins earned over several births and make them vanish

*Indianmagnolia-Michalea Champaka

11.Parijatham kondu vandhe-

engal Parvathiyai  poojai chythal,

Bala roopam kondu  aval

nam pavamellam pokkiduval

Ifyou bring Parijatha flowers and worship our Goddess Parvathi, She would
assume the form of a lass and destroyall our sins.

    *Night Jasmine- Nyctanthes arboritristis

12.Arali poo kondu vandhe

“engal abhiramiyai poojai cheythal,

Alavilladha chelvathai aval

aga magizha thanthiduval

Ifyou bring Arali* flowers  and worship ourGoddess Abhirami, Then with a mind
overflowing with joy she will giveimmeasurable wealth

*Ghaneraflower-Nothapoytes nimmoniana

13.Chemparuthi kondu vandhe

“engal chandigayai poojai cheythal,

Mayamai kanavil vandhu

manthirangal pala cholliduval.

Ifyou bring red hibiscus flowers and worship our Goddess Chandika,She  will
come in your  dreams as illusion  and teach us several chants.

14. Madulam poo kondu vandhe

 “Engalmathavai poojai cheythal,

Mangala vazhvu thanthu  aval

mana magizha  cheythiduval.

Ifyou bring pomegranate flowers  andworship our mother, She will give us an
auspicious life and fill our mindwith  joy.

15.Maruthanipoo konduvandhe

“ engal Mangalayai poojaicheythal,

Arul koornthu nammunne aval

anugraham cheythiduval.

Ifyou bring Henna flower and worship our auspicious Goddess, She  will shower
her grace  on us and give us her blessings.

16.Neelambaram kondu vandhe

engal Neelayathakshiyai poojai  Cheythal,

Nithyanandam kondume  aval

nithya vasam  cheythiduval.

Ifyou bring blue lotus flowers*  andworship our Goddess  with blue eyes,Shewill
bring everlasting joy and live us forever.

 *Ecbolium ligustrinum

17.Manoranjitham kondu vandhe

-engal Manonmaniyai poojai cheythal,

Ganamana sukandhamudan  aval

kalippu miga thanthiduval.

Ifyou bring Hari Champa* flowers  andworship our  goddess who shines in
ourmind,She would give very great happiness with heavy perfume.

*Artabotryshexapetalus

18.Sampangi poo kondu vandhe-

engal SAnkariyai poojai cheythal,

Sakala soubhagyamum thanthu  aval

chanjalathai neekiduval.

Ifyou bring Champa* flowers  and worshipthe consort of our Lord Sankara, She
would give all sort of luck  and remove worries from our mind.

*Plumeriarubra

19.Thumbai poo kondu vandhe  ,

engal durgayai poojai cheythal,

Daridirathai thurathi , aval

dhana dhanyam pozhinthiduval.

Ifyou bring Drona Pushpi flowers and worship our Goddess Durga,She would
driveaway poverty and rain wealth  and grains,

    *Leucas aspera

20.Samanthi poo kondu vandhe-

engal Sarveswariyai poojai cheythal,

Sathiyamai vazhvinile, aval

santhoshathai alithiduval

Ifyou bring Chrysanthemum flowers and worship our Goddess of all, Truly she
will shower immense joy in our life.

21.Mandharapoo kondu vandhe

engal Lalithambikayai  poojai cheythal,

Banda pasam yavum neeki  aval

chinthai magizhcheythiduval.

Ifyou bring Mandara*  flowers  and worship our mother Lalitha ,She wouldremove
all your attachments and make you joyous inher thought.

          *Bauhinia vahlii

22.Vettiver kondu vandhe  ,

engal Kamakshiyai  poojai cheythal,

Mattillatha magizchiyudan  aval

maanidhi  thanthida vanthiduval.

Ifyou bring Khaskhas*  and worship ourfavourite goddess, Then she  would come

togive you a treasure with boundless joy.  *Chrysopogonzizanioides

23.Kadir pachai  konduvandhe ,

engal Kamakshiyai  poojai cheythal,

Kadai kannal  kadakshithu

janma saphalyam thanthiduval.

Ifyou bring green spikes  and worshipGoddess Kamakshi , She will give you a
side long glance  and give you salvation.

24.Karumari Chambal  pethal

kanda pini odi vidum ,

Idainjalgal maari inbam

illathai naadi varum.

Ifwe get the sacred ash of Goddess Kali, all diseases will fly way,  And all
road blocks will vanish  and happiness will come in search of us.

Malar padal stotram

   Posted by: "krishnan iyer" krish4...@yahoo.co.in krish4949

   Date: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:38 pm ((PDT))

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/228815920.304241.1626998561657%40mail.yahoo.com.