pRANAM
😊 This smile is for the self admission in the note column of GAYA
srardham, repetitively made; well first Q is it only me who disagrees and
all other 125 members accept the statement of Gaya srardham is final?. In
this group unless demanded parochially no one will write their mind.
(sitting on the fence). So one who writes does not mean to be concluded as
THE ONLY ONE.  In this view an extract of the author and one TRS Iyengar
whom he worshipped as Guru (when he was 64 year old 2007) is furnished:
(draw your own conclusion ): (trsiyengar.com/sraddha/tharpana, niyama )
"QUESTION & ANSWERS ON SRARDDHA & THARPAN
Introduction.After having his some doubts  cleared on Gaya Srardha, through
the FAQ pages <https://trsiyengar.com/7_1.php> of this website,  Mr. Gopala
Krishna has written many mails asking for clarifications in our Srardha and
TharppaNa procedures. This question & answer is prepared to have an
enlightening
about Sraardha and Tharpan. I am thankful to Mr. Gopalakrishnan Ramaiyer,
now settled in Chennai for condensing our email exchanges into this Q & A
format. The Questions some times you may see as something you always wanted
to ask and get the Answer. The answers are given in simple understanding
manner. In fact it is the compression of the various questions put to me in
different occasions by visitor Sri R. Gopala Krishnan who is a retired
officer from BSNL Trivandrum. In fact, the summarized Q&A below is out of
our various e-mail exchanges on the subject.

Q9. Sir, Do not think I am philosophical and too much pondering. When we
offer the seventh pinda during sraadha it go to Jnatha Anjatha pithrus. Am
I correct if I say it pertain to sahothra?

A9. Mr, Gopala Krishnan- It is not you are going philosophical but it is a
desire to know more on sraadha. I am happy you are showing so much
interest. I am too much happy to answer you …

Ok, Sir, you are correct. Jnatha Anjatha Here, when you   perform the
srardham with homam, after offering twice each to Pithru, Pithamaha &
Prapithamaha – the seventh time offering is to Njaathi -i.e. distant
cousins who left the earth. In case of anyone who left without any such
ceremony performed, let the seventh step offering reach them – that   is
for the Sahothra njaathi. (Njaathaagnjaatha, pithrupyapcha,
yathaa   swaahaah:) By doing this seventh Ahuthi with Havis that reaches to
the Sahothra Daayathi, who might have left without any
kriya/kainkaryam performed for many reasons (No issues, died at unknown
place, nobody knows who is who when left, or some of them with issues but
they never cared to perform the rituals from the beginning etc. etl.)

So, even if our parents, grand & great grand parents reached the abode, it
is for us to continue the thithi srardham till our life time only for those
who might have fortunate.

Q24. Sir my next question is about theertha sraadha. and specifically
sraadha performed at  Rameswaram, Prayag, Banaras and Gaya. I want an
elaborative reply from you regarding their  importance  and why they are
important.

A24.  First I will answer Why this Gaya sraadha is made important.

A srardha performed near any of the Sacred river-side known as Jeeva Nadhi
is always has multiple benefits. And when it comes to Gaya, Kasi or Sethu
known as Rameswaram, it has more value, as these places are mentioned as
Punya-Kshetra, where the Lord Himself has set His foot.

More so, in Gaya the Lord’s feet print (only in single) known, as Vishnu
Padam <https://www.trsiyengar.com/id56.shtml> is located, thus signifying
the offering the Pindam directly to the Vishnu Padam.

Thus Gaya srardham gets highest merits to add punya-bhalam to the coming
generations in a flow.

As stated earlier, being the important place where Sri Mahavishnu’s
footprint known as Vishnu Padam is located, it was widely given much more
importance in Srardha Niyama. Thus expecting the entire Sanadhana Dharma
followers will be visiting once in their lifetime, the settlement of
Brahmin communities was imminent. To help it’s followers, each Mutt or Sect
has established it’s branches to facilitate the visitors of respective sect
to do the ordained ritual; they made every available source to render its
services to the needy.

Here in Gaya, irrespective of your faith and membership of one’s sect, you
can perform the srardha from any other mutt also, as the aim and intention
is the same. Also, the mantra vidhi is all the same for every one!

Another important thing-Every body who simply desire to go are not able to
go to these places. Some obstructions in some way come in their way. Above
all some destiny take us there…. And only the gifted one does perform the
Srardha here, let what come the cost.

The Gaya Srardha <https://www.trsiyengar.com/faq1.asp> has  no equations.
It is the specialty of Vishnu Padam location, which counts much more
benefits; one needs to do, perform the Theertha Srardha once in their
lifetime.

Above all, it is the gifted souls that reach their to perform the srardha –
either in the belief of weeding off their sins, or to gain to punyabhalam;
in most cases, the visitors sincerely and honestly perform it there, to
relieve the souls and send them to their ultimate destinations, out of pure
love, affection and care for the departed persons. In your one earlier
query I had  clarified already the following points which I may add here
too for the benefit of visitors:

1. Gaya sraadha is equivalent to performing 60 annual sraadhas.

*2. After Gaya sraadha, conducting sraadha should not be discontinued.
*Continuing
sraadha will surely  feed Jnatha Anjatha pithrus if our pithrus have gone
to their destinations. It adds to punniabalam.

There are even persons perform sraadha for Jnatha anjatha pithrus too for
punniam. I hope this reply is elaborate as you desired.

KR   After a long years of gaining from a guru and getting answered that
gaya is not final, when kR wrote, the gentleman wrote one member may not
agree. Wondering.  KR IRS 261221