Q2    This question and answer had emanated from this:

Humans skin is the most visible aspect of the human phenotype. It is
distinguished mainly by its naked appearance,

 greatly enhanced abilities to dissipate body heat through sweating, and
the great range of genetically determined skin

colors present within a single species. Many aspects of the evolution of
human skin and skin color can be reconstructed

 using comparative anatomy, physiology, and genomics. Enhancement of
thermal sweating was a key innovation in human

 evolution that allowed maintenance of homeostasis (including constant
brain temperature) during sustained physical

 activity in hot environments. *Dark skin evolved pari passu with the loss
of body hair and was the original state*

* for the genus Homo.* Melanin pigmentation is adaptive and has been
maintained by natural selection. Because of its

 evolutionary lability, skin color phenotype is useless as a unique marker
of genetic identity. In recent prehistory, humans

 became adept at protecting themselves from the environment through
clothing and shelter, thus reducing the scope for

 the action of natural selection on human skin.

*Nina G. Jablonski*

Department of Anthropology, California Academy of Sciences,

San Francisco, California 98103

; email: njablon...@calacademy.org

The Evolution of Human Skin and Skin Color  Book

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KR    This is just a guess as from migration theory presumed, as from
Africa ; there are no decisive  materials except a

 a few fossils dug out which may not reveal  the truth. the land mass was
one and later they floated; that is revealed by

 the  analysis of the edges of the geographical conditions; but people were
born or ADAM AND EVE were only the origin

 that   too from near Kenya today is an oddity. Melanin reacts according to
weather is science; in the ICE age people

 migrated  from the ice territory; then how did the melanin work in
lightless or Least SUN areas?.  I do remember only

 one verse from Rig Vedam   Nasadiya suktam: "who knows?".   KR IRS 21122