Pranam
1  People who are interested to know pl join sanathana site; Mr Rangarajan
does not wish to. And anything replied on his subject does not go to many;
and I have no access to iyer 123 as i am dethroned and Sai & said already I
am not kicked off" However quoting again some one's write up is tough all
the time.
2  Mr rangarajan wrote: "

   1.

   Location of emergency cash stash at home
   2.

   Location of health insurance documents and cards. In the case of group
   insurance, contact details of office personnel.
   3.

   List of bank accounts and location of bank passbook and debit cards
   4.

   Contact details of SEBI Registered fee-only advisor
   <https://freefincal.com/list-of-fee-only-financial-planners-in-india/> and
   trusted friend whose investing compass is aligned with yours. Else some old
   uncle will offer unsolicited “guidance” and upset the apple cart.
   5.

   List of credit cards held with links to find out the balance to be paid.
   6.

   List of other EMIs to pay. Insured loans like home loans are not an
   issue upon death, but the bank has to be notified. If you have some stash
   of cash held that can be used to clear off a loan, indicate the same.
   7.

   Location of Pan Card, Aadhaar card, License and other forms of ID.
   8.

   Location of important documents like EB card, Water tax, property tax,
   pension documents with information on when and how to pay.
   9.

   Term Insurance and other life insurance documents with instructions on
   how to claim (forms are available on insurer sites). For group insurance,
   contact details of office personnel.
   10.

   List of monthly/periodic payments to be made with websites: Internet
   bill, Telephone bill, EB bill, Water tax, Property Tax, health insurance
   premium, school fees etc.
   11.

   Information on how to apply for a death certificate.
   12.

   List of offices to be immediately intimated on death: Bank Pension
   branch, Home Loan disbursing office etc.
   13.

   Information on how to apply for a legal heir.
   14.

   Use a password manager with a master password that cannot be stored. Ask
   your partner to set the password and check from time to time if she
   remembers it. Better still each time you log in, ask for it
   15.

   The “forgot password” option can always be used but they will need to
   access your email and phone. So use only one email (with password mentioned
   in the continuity kit) and ensure they know how to unlock your phone! <=
   Thanks to my friend Rajkumar for this. When Rajkumar’s father suddenly
   died, no one knew the passcode for his phone. Thankfully his young grandson
   remembered!
   16.

   List of all short term financial goals (< 10 years away) and investments
   associated with each of them.
   17.

   List of all long term financial goals (> 10 years away) and investments
   associated with each of them. That session will the fee-only advisor may
   come in handy here! If all investments are already tagged to goals or at
   least listed and available with the fee-only advisor, a major headache is
   taken care of.
   18.

   Link to Cams Karvy Consolidated MF Account

<https://www.camsonline.com/Investors/Statements/Consolidated-Account-Statement>
   get all mutual fund holdings via registered email (15 is important!). This
   may or may not retrieve Demat holding as well. So better to include
   information to get the data from CDSL. Zerodha has a helpful article

<https://support.zerodha.com/category/console/portfolio/statement/articles/what-is-cas>
   .
   19.

   If you are tracking all investments in a single portal then its login
   details.
   20.

   Information regarding other investments: PPF, RDs, FDs, real estate,
   stock options etc.
   21.

   If there is a HUF in place, the advisor or a CA can help. Ashal Jauhari from
   the Facebook group Asan Ideas for Wealth can also help with this or any of
   the above aspects.
   22.

   If there is a will in place then instructions on how to implement it.
   23.

   Some general instructions on the transmission on units or money. Some
   require just KYC details of the nominee; some require a legal heir
   (property, pension annuity) etc. Some research and documentation on this
   will be immensely helpful.
   24.

   Details of additional responsibilities or sources of income.
   25.

https://freefincal.com/how-to-help-our-life-partner-manage-money-in-our-absence/
   26.

   3      However, all these I thought of long ago and I do not trust any
   site as there is no privacy anywhere; those who can encrypt can also
   decipher it. Even our laptop, pods and pads and cell phones are not above
   the protection. So I always use my excel sheets and word doc to record all
   data including assets, will, and any descriptive subjects, password,
   lockers etc etc are listed ; jewellery, properties, sundry debtors and
   creditors, tax matters and any embarrassing brother sister relationships
   --sop many data entered in excel and word; and transferred into 500 GB
   storage ,and 2 GB to 20 GB pen drives in 3 or 4 sets apart from regularly
   filing in different files    --kept in one storage device and one with wife
   and son and daughter and spares separately; updated periodically. deleted
   unwanted \old periodically. Of Course  can be lost from all and burnt etc,
   which is fate; but set as secret within the needed persons, changed
   periodically and re checked as data.  Whenever there is a need, brought to
   Laptop and edited and restored; No back up on the laptop or any one
   outside. NB:  Income tax can seize; and those who have skeletons in the
   cupboard may choose to store secretly, revealing to one or two too close.
   KR IRS 7922