CULTURAL QA 11-2022-19

BEING  ACOMPILATION THERE MAY  BE ERRORS

Q1           Canyou tell about Railways Track inspection trolly in india

A1           Kelvintrolley,7h

Rails are such anembedded part of our society now that we seldom even notice
them there. Theyhave become a natural truth. But we seldom take the time and
the labor that goes into keeping therail and the tracks ship-shape, without any
defects.

But thefact is, the rail tracks often develop defects, many times considerable
enoughto cause the obstruction in the rail path. And in extreme cases, it can
alsolead to major accidents.

But the railwaystrack inspectors work laboriously to avoid such mishaps. Which
is where aRailway Track Push Trolly comes in. Since the rail inspections are
carried outonly on the surface initially, to get an idea of what exactly the
damage is, the trolley is used forthe task.

Hand driven usuallyby two people while the track inspectors sitting on the
designed seat, aRailways Track Push Trolley enables a careful and thorough
inspection withoutany inconveniences. It's an all-mechanical trolley with no
electricaltechnology involved to suit the nature of the inspection, which often
involvesmultiple stops along the way.

The Railway Track Push Trolley is also very ingeniouslydesigned keeping in mind
the safety factors. It caneasily be lifted by a couple of men in case there is
ever an emergency, like anincoming train on the same track or a mechanical
fault in the trolley.

My note- The officials who carryout such job is calledPermanent way inspector.
While I was working in Sankagiriin Salem District I had two room mates who were
PMWI. Those days trolley was manually pushed, nowthey too sit and defective
points noted and attended by them. In spite of it many breaks occur in the
rails. One of the reasons isthe tracks are not periodically replaced. Another
reason is large number oftrains and superfast trains running.

There is anupper limit the rails can bear. Further the rails are jointed
without givingsmall breaks for expansion. Hence the tensile strength is
reduced.

Q2           Whatare the functions of the atoms found in the brain?

A2           Ken Saladin,Freelance author of jestand mirth Nov 12

Their purpose isto keep the brain inflated (expanded) to its normal size to
fill the cranialcavity.If there were no atoms in the brain, it would shrink
dramatically and rattlearound in the skull when we walk. But ridding the body
of atoms is a sure wayto lose weight.

Q3           Arepoor Americans equivalent to rich Indians in terms of financial
status?.

A3           Samantha Kannan, Founder atUngaEnglish.com3y

Absolutely not.Rich people in India live better than even rich people
inAmerica, in my opinion.

I've spoken brieflyon my time as a poor American. I know a few wealthy Indians,
and they have itmade - super high interest bank accounts, intense respect given
to them byeveryone, maids/cooks/drivers, whoa.

PoorAmericans? Struggling to find their next meal, judgement from others,
healthissues common because medical care is too costly.

Even richAmericans, in my opinion, don’t live as well as rich Indians.I lived
in a mansion for a few years and they didn’t have a driver or cook.Their
neighbors were rude to them because their house was the biggest in
theneighbourhood. Wealth seemed more like a burden than an asset.

Whoever wrote thisquestion should visit India and stop relying on whatever
nonsense media they'vebeen consuming.

Q4           Howmuch time will India take to reduce its dependence on other
countries for oiland switch to another means of energy sources?

A4           Balaji Viswanathan, Used to trade oilfutures4y

It has to come in multiple steps:

Electrify all the trains: Indian Railways is the largestconsumer of Diesel in
India and in the next few years every locomotive will runon electricity
(hopefully!) — Piyush Goyal wants it by 2020 — Railways targetsfull
electrification with Rs 35000-crore plan although the finance ministry
ispushing the deadline further so as to not waste the existing
Dieselinfrastructure.

Building dedicated freight corridors to reducetrucks. Indian railways has been
building dedicated freight corridors to reducedependency on trucks and diesel.
East, West freight corridors likely to becommissioned by March 2020

They are also working on taking smaller loads away fromtrucks — Indian Railways
new dwarf containers have67% more volume; could be a game-changer in capturing
high-end traffic

Move majority of the personal transportation to trains:In the next 10 years,
almost every city in India would havemetro trains and that would mean
significant number of people would be usingtrains running on electricity than
cars running on petrol. India to build 700km of new metro lines

We have to belike western Europe in this — in England and the Netherlands
majority usetrains and public transportation.

>From the trains totheir homes, have electric buses: Indian cities are now
>heavily investing inelectric buses. Delhi to Fight Toxic Air with 1,000
>Electric Buses -Mercom India andIndia’s first-ever hydrogen fuel cell powered
>bus by Tata Motors is here!

. Also combine this with cycles for last mile travel.

Move allelectricity production to renewables and nuclear: India is heavily
investing insolar, wind and nuclear and should generate most of its energy from
thesesources than coal and petroleum. India added more energy capacity
fromrenewables than coal last year

Electrify all the homes: In the next 4 years everyhome should be electrified
and that should reduce the Kerosene consumptionsignificantly. India to achieve
universal electrification under Saubhagyascheme

India’s future is not electric car. But, it is in electricbuses and metro
trains. And electricity produced with renewables in combinationwith nuclear
[for night time] and new age battery technologies that doesn’t useLithium —
World’s first thermal battery plant to be unveiled in Andhra Pradeshtoday.

I would saythis is entirely possible in 20 years. By 2040, India’s metro trains
andrailways infrastructure, along with buses running on electricity/fuel cells
incombination with other last mile infrastructure will remove the need for oil.

Q5           Whatare the pros and cons of working with multinational
corporations (MNCs) orIndian Railways, as a train ticket examiner?

A5           Himanshu Chaudhary, A techie withDeep Knowledge of the Systems and
Operations.2h

Generally, inIndia, passenger fares of trains are heavily over-subsidised.
There is a direneed and necessity for train fares to be ...

The exploitation of laborers: The multinationalcooperation gives all the
facilities to locals to learn skills and after that,the company ...

Comparison TableAdvantages and Disadvantages of Rail Transportation

Advantages

Trains aregenerally more reliable

No rail service /limited service in rural or hilly areas

Freight by rail isefficient. Under-utilised capacity

Provides employmentopportunities.Significant contributor of sound and air
pollution

My  note- Theanswer is not at all to the question asked. I have included this
for the fact, quora  have many such QA. I select the best.Probably the person
meant TTE, a permanent job is far superior than amultinational company, where
the job is always floating.

Q6           Isit possible to install a toilet in a very small bathroom?

A6           Gopala Krishnan,Former AssistantGeneral Manager 1996-2004 at
Department of Telecom (1966–2004)Just now

In my home inKerala One toilet was constructed about 1.5 feet away from outer
wall,  but connected with wall and roofing with aroom. It was twin home. Though
bathrooms were provided separately, toilet wascommon. One familyoccupying
wanted a closet in the small area attached to a room. One closetwas provided in
an area of 1.5 feet width and length of three feet andconnected to the outlet
pipe of the main toilet. A window in that location wasremoved and twin planks
door was provided opening towards the room. An exhaust windowwas provided for
air movement.

There are many things to compromise if you install atoilet in a small bathroom.
If one is ready, it is possible

Q7           Howoften should you replace your air conditioner (AC) unit if it's
still workingwell?

A7           Tiberius Kraemer,Former ElectronicsTech, H.V.A.C. Design Engineer
at Blue Star Maintenance (1965–2015)Thu

The answer toyour question depends on your financial reality. If you are rich,
replace theair conditioner whenever it gets dusty. However, if you are
sensible, you willreplace it when it quits working.

Q8           Whatparts of our body use de-oxygenated blood?

A8           Ken Saladin, Former professor ofhistology (microscopic anatomy)Mon

Every part ofthe body uses it. The blood has many more functions than
transporting oxygen.Besides that, even “deoxygenated” blood normally contains
over 70% as muchoxygen as “oxygenated” blood fresh from the lungs, so it still
provides oxygen to the tissues.

Q9           Howdo I reduce wastewater in a RO system?

A9           Gopala Krishnan,Former AssistantGeneral Manager 1996-2004 at
Department of Telecom (1966–2004)Just now

In R Osystem, waste water is inevitable. This water can beused for cleaning
portico, entrance to home, and even for watering plants. So the waste water
becomes usable water. Only thing we have tomake arrangement to store the waste
water. Or you can simply extend the wastewater to garden area. 99% plants
absorb it and flower.

Q10         Doyou keep your toilet brush in the bathroom or in a cupboard?

A10         Gopala Krishnan,Former AssistantGeneral Manager 1996-2004 at
Department of Telecom (1966–2004)Just now

I have provided special tooth brush older with facilityto drain water in all
bathrooms. I also have smallsize cup board near wash basin. I use both which
ever is convenient. The cup is provided at a height of about 5 feet away
fromcloset. So the answer is in both ways

All the above QA are from Quora  website  on   18-11- 2022.

Quora answers need not be 100% correct answers .

Compiled and posted by R. Gopala krishnan on 19-11-2022