Q1     The problem with the Q& A author is his immaturity to believe the
Quora as always correct, as subject is unknown to him and yet would like to
poke his nose and fumble. Rouge waves are not from storm and unpredictable
were very old theories. Now mathematically it is predictable. The highest
one ever was 1782 feet wave. Small fleet might have got hit but never any
standard ships.  KR IRS 8823

Rogues, called 'extreme storm waves' by scientists, are those waves which
are greater than twice the size of surrounding waves, are very
unpredictable, and often come unexpectedly from directions other than
prevailing wind and waves. Tim Janssen, a research scientist who studies
physical oceanography in Half Moon Bay, California, says one of the best
examples of a rogue wave is the so-called New Year's Wave of 1995. On Jan.
1, a 26-meter (85-foot) wave struck the Draupner oil rig in the North Sea
off Norway In November of 2020, a freak wave came out of the blue, lifting
a lonesome buoy off the coast of British Columbia 17.6 meters high (58
feet). The four-story wall of water was finally confirmed in February
2022 as the most extreme rogue wave ever recorded at the time. Total
Obliteration. As the giant mountain of water started traveling across the
entire length of the T-shaped Lituya Bay, it reached a peak height of 1,720
feet (524 meters) near the Gilbert Inlet and destroyed everything around.
Soil, plants, and trees were snapped off, and the shorelines were
completely obliterated. In February 2000, a British oceanographic research
vessel, the RRS Discovery, sailing in the Rockall Trough west of Scotland,
encountered the largest waves ever recorded by any scientific instruments
in the open ocean, with a SWH of 18.5 metres (61 ft) and individual waves
up to 29.1 metres (95 ft). By all definitions, this is currently the top
spot for producing the biggest waves in the world. The extraordinary liquid
mountains of Praia do Norte in Nazaré can produce waves 50-100 feet high.
If surfed successfully, the rider can travel up to speeds of 50 mph. At
Jaws, also known as Peahi, waves can easily reach between 30 and 80 feet.
It is probably the fastest, heaviest, and largest wave in the Pacific Ocean.

      Rogue Waves are ocean waves of extreme height, often many times the
height of the surrounding sea. Unlike Tsunamis — giant waves caused by
undersea earthquakes — or large waves seen breaking on shore in a storm,
Rogue Waves may appear out of nowhere in otherwise calm conditions. This
makes them hard to predict, and a challenge to understand scientifically. A
new way to tackle this problem from the perspective of probability theory
has recently been introduced by a group of mathematicians, including from
WMI, that puts the creation of Rogue Waves into a unified theoretical
framework.

"You might imagine many ways of creating a typical ocean wave", explains
Tobias Grafke, "but in contrast, for atypically high waves, everything must
conspire in just the right way. This makes Rogue Waves predictable". This
'Goldilocks'-effect lies at the center of Large Deviation Theory, a
subfield of probability theory: Extremely rare events paradoxically tend to
be describable by focussing on their most likely occurrence, instead of
attempting an exhaustive search of every possible outcome.

The mathematics indeed appears to describe the formation of Rogue Waves in
the sea surprisingly well: By concentrating only on the most likely Rogue
Wave scenario, the group was able to not only find the probability of these
waves in different sea states, from stormy to calm, but also their
likelihood of occuring. This comparison even
holds up against experimental Rogue Waves created in a water tank: Taking
the 300 highest waves from one of Europe's largest wave experiments — a
270m long wave flume in Norway — the wave shapes as well as the history of
their formation line up nicely against the waves predicted by large
deviation theory.

Of course, Mathematicians immediately turn to ways of generalise the
abstract framework, and apply it to completely separate areas of
application. Grafke is particularly excited to tackle extreme events in
weather prediction and climate science with it, with current projects
addressing for example the breakdown of the Gulf stream in the North
Atlantic.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Q3    Creatinine control and reductions are feasible only through Fibers
and avoiding proteins and salt, apart from Liquor and cigarettes. Rest are
not perfect remedies. And after writing so many columns, under final the
truth is spoken; so all the top passages could have been avoided.  KR IRS
8823

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx