Ashtalakshmi Temple Initiation

The present location of the temple Construction was once resembled a fort.
The Vasavi Co-operative Housing Society and Vasavi Graduate Co-operative
Housing Society developed 30 acres in to 343 plots and named it as Vasavi
colony.

An association by name Vasavi Colony Residents Welfare Association was
formed by the plot holders of both the societies and it took the initiative
of constructing a temple in 1500 sq yds. Padmasri Ganapati Sthapathi a well
known agama shastra Pandith was consulted for the construction of temple.
He designed the temple with the blessings of spiritual head his holiness
Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Saraswathi swamiji and Sri Sri Sri Shankara Vijayendar
Saraswathi Swamyji of kanchi kamakoti Peetam.

92 Maharaja Poshakas has joined to the team to develop the temple.

Foundation of temple was laid on 23 Feb 1991. It took 5 years to complete.
The vigraha pratishta was performed on 22 April 1996 by the spiritual heads
Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Saraswathi and Sri Sri Sri Sankara Vijayendra
Saraswathi of Kanchi kamakshi peetam and kumbhabhishekam was performed by
Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Srimannarayana Chinna jeeyar swamy.

2000 Yards of Land Gifted by Vyshya Graduate Co-operative housing Society
for construction of “Archaka Nilayam, Staff Quarters and Goshala the
committee also constructed a shopping complex Nitya Pravachana mandapam for
devotees and Yaga shala, Chakra Tirtham, Ratha Shalaa, Akshya Bhavan Groud
Floor – Pasasadam, Arjith seva, Sesha Vastra vikraya Sala, Manager and
Public Relation Office, Frist floor - Ashta Lakshmi Akshya Trust for Anna
Danam Second Floor - Administrative office, 3rd Floor Guest house in the
Area of two acres.

The Temple is also Running School Name Saradha Shishu Vidyalayam up to 5th
class, teaching them Sanathana dharma.

" Nithyagathaanantha nithyaa nandhinii janaranjanii

Nithayaprakaashinii chaiva aanandhasvaruupinii

Bhoogavaibhava sandhh aathrii bhakthaanugrahakaarinii

Namoo Ashtalakshmiih vishvambharaadharaadhaarinii "

India and the Vedic culture

India (Bharath) is the only country in the world that has followed her
culture, tradition, customs, ancient dharma (piety), scientific views from
time immemorial and for many generations. She has also given importance to
moral, pious, and spiritual values.

India is a land which has become a great platform for Vedic Aarsha culture.
It is a pious land where Gods descended in the form of incarnations to
destroy the evil forces and re-establish dharma or goodness. Here many
saints and sages have lived. In spite of diverse cultures, the land has
proved to be one. She has proved to be a land for unity in diversity. Many
great rulers have been born in this holy land. Many temples, holy places,
and pilgrim centres have enhanced her holiness.

Andhra Pradesh is a state in south India which is endowed with all the
important features cited, and which is bifurcated now into AP and
Telangana. Now Hyderabad, the capital city of Telangana has many temples.

In the Vedic culture, there is a system of Gods and Goddesses ruling the
universe. There are three main Gods: Brahma ( the creator), Vishnu or
Narayana ( the sustainer), and Maheswara (the dissolver). These three have
been allotted the three activities or duties of creation, sustenance, and
dissolving, respectively. They perform these duties with the help of their
respective consorts Saraswathi, Lakshmi, and Parvathi. Of these three
goddesses, Lakshmi , the consort of Vishnu or Narayana, is the Goddess of
Wealth and Prosperity. She has manifested herself in 8 forms to bless or
grace all the living beings in the universe. It is due to this goddess, all
the beings in the universe are prospering.

The importance of the temple

The temple is a grand well-built one, and it is attracting many devotees.
The worship of the deities in the temple is done with the chanting of the
sacred Vedic charms. This takes the devotees into a state of ecstasy. It is
also a place of architectural beauty. The temple is a two-storey building.
The ground floor consists of a kitchen, some shops for selling the
Prasaadham,and also the office rooms. The deities are situated on the
top-floor. There are two ways to reach the top-floor. The right staircase
leads to the Ganapathi temple. After worshipping Him we receive His
blessing and it gives us so much solace. Then we reach the Dhhwajasthambham
( a tall holy pillar), and the idol of Garuda. After offering a coconut
there, we go for Pradhakshinams (circumambulations - going round the
place). We offer our salutations there. This implies that all the deities
receive our salutations.

According to the Vaishnava tradition, it is customary that the devotees
have a dharsan of either God Hanuman or God Garuda, before having the
dharsan of the main deities in the sanctum sanctorum (Garbhagudi).
Accordingly , before entering the sanctum sanctorum where the main deities
are situated, we have a dharsan of Garuda Alvar. Garuda is a staunch
devotee of Lord Narayana and behaves like a humble servant of the Lord, and
also remains standing at the entrance doorway as a door-keeper.

Through the main entrance, we go into the sanctum sanctorum - the
Garbhagudi where we have the long - awaited dharsan of Lord Narayana with
His consort Sri Adhilakshmi . Lord Narayana is seen having 4 hands. He
holds the sacred conch (Shankha) and the sacred disk (Chakra) in two hands.
He uses the other two hands to bless his devotees - one hand shows the
Abhaya Mudhra (security) and the other shows the Varadha Mudhra
(protection). His consort Sri Adhilakshmi is seen beautifully clad in silk
colthes, decorated with jewels and garlands. Lord Srimannarayana (Narayana)
and Sri Adhilakshmi are surrounded by the other 7 forms of Sri Lakshmi .
The 8 forms of Lakshmi are: Sri Adhilakshmi, Sri Santhanalakshmi, Sri
Gajalakshmi, Sri Dhhanalakshmi, Sri Dhhanyalakshmi, Sri Vijayalakshmi, Sri
Aiswaryalakshmi and Sri Varalakshmi. With the dharsan of these deities, the
devotees go into a state of ecstasy.

The Ashtalakshmi temple is flourishing gloriously due to these 8 forms of
Lakshmi. The idols are made exquisitely beautiful by being decorated with
beautiful ornaments, flower garlands and silken attire, etc. The holy feet
of the deities can remove all our difficulties. Their holy hands grace us
for our wealth and prosperity. Their faces are seen illumining with divine
consciousness. The devotees really undergo an unearthly experience, when
they see the pious idols of the deities in the sanctum sanctorum . Their
dharsan leaves an indelible impression in their minds. The devotees are
spellbound and cannot find enough words to express their unearthly
experience after having the dharsan of the deities.

The good results of the worship

Lord Sri Narayana and Sri Adhilaksmi are seen wearing garlands of
Salagramas ( a kind of small holy stones). The devotees believe that this
particular dharsan will wash away all the sins. The wish to have children
for barren women ( women without children) will be fulfilled if they take
the Garuda Prasaadham, during the Brahmotsavas. The deities grace the
devotees with all kinds of prosperity such as knowledge, fame, wealth,
happiness, courage , etc. and also help them to overcome difficulties. They
are the embodiment of panacea (Amrutham) for all sorts of ailments for the
devotees. The devotees have a lot of faith in them. They believe that all
the beings in the world are the children of Lord Narayana and Sri
Adhilakshmi, they get infinite happiness in their worship.

The supreme consciousness in the form of Sri Adhilakshmi has descended to
the earth from the pure Ocean of Milk, to dispel the darkness from the face
of the earth. Hence this temple is rightly called a spiritual centre for
the devotees. Many great people such as saints, sages, scholars,
spiritualists, philosophers, devotees felt elated (happy) when they visited
this temple. The temple's fame has increased with the visits of the holy
people for the dharsan of the deities. In the Vedic culture two
systems---Smaartha and Vaishnava are followed for the worship of the
deities. The priests worship Lord Ganapathi according to the Smaartha
system, and Ashtalakshmi and Lord Narayana in the Vaishnava system. The
worship is done with pomp and ceremony. At the same time it attracts many
devotees. The temple has a special place or platform for performing Homa.
Here, everyday in the morning and evening the Homa worship is done. This
sort of worship is done particularly here alone and nowhere else.

Everyday in the morning the cow is worshipped in the place opposite to the
sanctum sanctorum where Sri Adhilakshmi is located. The cow is considered
sacred, because all the deities reside in the different parts of the cow.
This cow is a descendent of the Kamadhenu ( the sacred cow in Heaven). The
anal part of the cow is regarded as the dwelling place of Goddess Sri
Lakshmi. For this reason the cow-dung is considered sacred. So the devotees
can have a dharsan of the cow only after it has seen the 8 deities. This
sort of worship has its roots in the Vedic culture and tradition. This
brings prosperity to the country too. All the types of worship performed in
this temple originate in the Pancharathra aagama Saasthra - Srivaishnava
tradition.

The Kunkumaarchana and the Sahasranaamaarchana are performed everyday for
the devotees. Every Friday, Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped with Kunkuma (
saffron powder) and flowers of gold. On every full-moon day, special
worship is done with the Sri Suktha - havana and also Navakalasa Snapana
for Lord Narayanan and Sri Adhilakshmi. Once in every month, on the day of
the star Uttharaphalguni, Abhishekam is done for the 8 deities. Abhisheka
worship of Lord Ganapathi is done every month, on the day of the 1st
Chavithi (Sudddha Chavithi,i.e.the 4th day of the lunar month). These
worships are done with special decorations and offerings of special food
items to bring prosperity to one and all. On every festive occasion the
worship is done here pompously. Every year they perform Brahmotsavas.
During these days, many devotees come from every nook and corner, and
spiritual people bring their good wishes for protection (
Mangalaasaasanams). These holy festivities resemble the holy festivities of
Thirumala. Owing to these festivities, the surroundings are kept clean and
green with decorative leafy festoons, etc. People will be simply waiting
for these special festivities.

Temple structure

The structure of the temple leaves an indelible imprint in the minds of the
viewers. As it is a marble structure, it illumines gloriously in the moon -
light of the full-moon night. In the spacious compound of the temple, there
is a flower garden with a water pond. It glows to its glory under the
electric lights at nights. Attached to the temple, there are: a function
hall to perform the weddings and some other important ceremonies; a
platform for certain Homas; and a cowshed. Really this temple is a
spiritual centre. Daily, the worship is done for Lord Srimannarayana and
Sri Adhilakshmi, and also Lord Ganapathi. There are quarters for the
priests who perform different types of worship. The office bearers run
their office activities smoothly and meticulously. It looks as though
Goddess Lakshmi has set out to rule the temple smoothly

Blissful Goddess

Goddess Lakshmi is an embodiment of divine happiness. Being born out of the
Milky Ocean, and also being the dweller of Vaikunta, she has condescended
to the earth in 8 forms to bestow peace, happiness, properity, wealth ,etc.
on all the living beings in the world. The temple is flourishing well day
by day, by the worship of Goddess Lakshmi in 8 forms. Hence everything in
the temple reverberates with spiritual energy. Those who worship Her will
definitely receive Her grace. Everyday the worship is done with the
recitation of the Veda Manthras. Goddess Lakshmi is the giver of celestial
bliss. She is here to fulfil the wishes of Her devotees.

There may be people who worship certain other deities whom they like most,
because that tradition was handed over to them by their forefathers; but no
one will be there who will not worship Goddess Lakshmi.

Who will not aspire for the mercy of such a Goddess who brings prosperity
to all? Goddess Lakshmi is the mother of the universe who gives many things
such as material things, wealth, prosperity, peace, etc. Without Her grace
Her children cannot live. The temple where Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped is
in fact a divine abode. Hence this temple as the abode of Lakshmi with Her
8 special forms has become holy. Those who visit this temple receive Her
blessings and live happily. In addition to prosperity they have solace
(mental peace).