And instead of all things mentioned above the latest methods of
hustling and scrapings are added further. KR IRs 51024

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: APS Mani <m...@manijpn.in>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2024 at 11:52
Subject: Re: [iyer123] COCONUT SCRAPPER-CHIRAVA
To: <iyer...@googlegroups.com>

Your time pass is irritating me.  The following facts are to be added

Anything connected to an Iyer (Brahmin) feast (which we are talking about
in this forum), the Varier community does not come into the picture.  They
are 'Ambalavasis' only and not allowed to grate coconuts for Iyer feasts.
Iyers do the job.  Your memory is falling as Variers are allowed to have
the food after all the Brahmins have the food.  This is the old custom
where you mentioned Variers carrying the chirava.

The grating machine is an invention before 2020 as I came back to India in
2011 and the machine was in vogue for grating coconut much before that
time.  It was used in a remote village like mine much before 2010.

It is coconut meat and not meet.

An example of breaking a coconut in to two equal parts done in a perfect
way is in Kadambuzha Temple, where tens of thousands of coconuts are broken
by four members of the Priest family daily.  Thus in Kerala, it is not a
major feat to break coconuts evenly.

Lastly, it is not coconut meet but MEAT (kennel).  My submission.

Mani

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/CAOCR2spp_CVgUr_9FKZQMftPmHsNCzLOVXT0tiobjYk8tCm9mg%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/CAOCR2spp_CVgUr_9FKZQMftPmHsNCzLOVXT0tiobjYk8tCm9mg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.