I think this idea would be something like

y = [1, 2, 3, 0]

y_current_avgpool = (1 + 2 + 3 + 0) / 4

y_new_avgpool = (1 + 2 + 3) / 3

I'm not sure that there is a simple way to do this currently. You could do
sum pooling first, then compute the divisors by looking at the number of
non-zero elements using this
http://deeplearning.net/software/theano/library/tensor/nnet/neighbours.html#theano.tensor.nnet.neighbours.images2neibs
and T.switch