I recently started using theano within the pymc3 library.

I wonder if anyone could point me towards the right direction in this issue:

I have a 2D array (lets say a map with X,Y coordinantes and the matrix
values represents the altitude).

For a given set of coordinates (theano variables) I want to get the scalar
interpolated from the 4 nearest points in the grid. (in which X and Y are
ordered)

In  numpy there are many ways to do this but I have not found and
equivalent function in theano. Should I get the indeces manually (for
example using numpy functions: idx_X = np.argmin(np.abs(X_array - x_cord)))

Thank you for any advice