I ran faster than I had ever run in my life, pain surged through my body; but I
needed to keep going, I was the prey, and the predator was hunting tonight. I
cursed as a tree branch sliced my arm; blood was left on it, shit. This was all
a game, to test our love. And we knew it, he was the Hunter, and I was his
quarry.
I jumped over a fallen log, and ran faster, the sooner this game was over, the
sooner everything would back to normal. We'd be able to live. I looked up at
the silver moon and prayed that everything would turn out all right. Hopefully
it would, Karma's mission on earth seemed to make my life happy. That sounds
retarded but true; after all I had met my soul mate through Karma.
"Run!" I scolded myself as I slowed. My feet pounded against the forest floor,
leaves and broken branches crunched beneath my feet. I looked back; I could see
the outline of a horse. And upon that horse was him. I ran faster, if I was
caught I'd have to follow all of his rules; even though I loved him, I didn't
like being treated like a china doll.
This was to prove that I could handle myself, and that he had to trust me. This
was to make sure I wouldn't be locked away every time there was danger, and it
was also to remind me of something. I was his, and that if I even tried to
attempt of running away (not that I'd ever want to) that I would be brought
back, by force, or my own will. But I would not be able to ever escape, he
wouldn't have that.
No, I remember the countless nights that he'd caged me to him with his arms to
make sure I wouldn't run away. I snorted; it was also to make sure that
anything that wanted to bring me harm had to go through him first. And who
wanted that?
Again I sped up, but the sound of horse's hooves drowned out all sound, and
then I knew. I was caught, and there was nothing I could do about it. I slowed
down; I knew when to give up. The horse was pulled to a stop, and he
dismounted. Just like a forest beast he was quiet as he walked toward me. I
turned the other way; refusing to look at him I crossed my arms.
"Love, we had a deal," he whispered as wrapped his arms around me.
"I am not a porcelain doll," I hissed out.
"But you're fragile, and I need to keep you safe. You're my everything love, I
can't lose you," he growled against my ear. I shivered as he nipped my ear.
"I am not fragile, I am strong, I am-," I started but I was cut off with a
kiss. It was hungry, ruthless, loving, but crushing.
He broke away from me, "Kaela, you must understand, I almost lost you. I won't
let that happen ever again and I will do everything to make sure of that."
I knew by the tone of his voice I had no other choice but to submit. I looked
down at my feet, but slowly I lifted my head; to stare into those eyes. They
were green with a tinge of gold around the rim…