Nick Knight - The occult police drama FOREVER  KNIGHT/CBS/SYN/1992-96 (first
aired on the CBS late-night series CRIMETIME AFTER  PRIMETIME) starred Geraint
Wyn Davies as Nicholas "Nick" Knight, an 800-year-old  vampire turned cop.
Sired by Lucien LeCroix (Nigel Bennett) during the Crusades. Nick (real
name: Nicholas De Brabant) regretted his decision to become a vampire and
set out on a road of redemption by doing good deeds. However, Lucien Cross
doesn't want Nick to loose his vampirism and will stop at nothing to see he
remains one.
    Currently, Nick works the night shift for the 37th Precinct of the Toronto
   Metro Police Department with his partner, Donald G. Schanke (John Kapelos).
   They report to Captain Joe Stonetree (Gary Framer) and later Captain Amanda
   Cohen (Natsuko Ohama) and Captain Joe Reese (Blu Nankuma). Nick lives at 7
  Curity Avenue, Toronto, Ontario and drinks chilled cow’s blood for
sustenance. To get around town, Nick drives a 1962 Cadillac convertible. He
uses the car’s spacious truck in sun emergencies [vampires burn in
sunlight].

Capt.           StonetreeCapt. CohenCapt  Reese
  Nick's partner, Don
    Nick's female friends include an attractive coroner named Dr. Natalie
Lambert (Catherine Disher) who discovers he is a vampire and joins forces to
 find a cure for his affliction; Tracy Vetter, a Nick's new partner after Don
  died (she later dies of a gunshot wound); and a vampire named Janette, who
 runs The Raven, a local nightclub where Nick visits to ease his troubled
mind.

JanetteNatalie LambertTracey Vetter  Lucien LeCroix, is             the Master
of both Nick and Janette. He was once known as General             Lucius, the
commander of the Roman army. He was turned into a             vampire ("brought
across") by his illegitimate daughter, Divia             during the eruption of
Mount Vesuvius.

Opening Narration
    "He was brought across in 1228. Preyed on humans for their blood. Now he
 wants to be mortal again. To repay society for his sins. To emerge from his
 world of darkness. From his endless ... forever night."

                                -- Lucien LaCroix, Forever Knight
Forever Knight Quotes
      Det. Nick Knight: I take it you       need something.      Javier
Vachon:Your doctor       friend.      Det. Nick Knight: What for?      Javier
Vachon: I've got a sick       friend. I need her help.      Det. Nick
Knight:She's not that       kind of doctor.      Javier Vachon:
I       hear she's pretty good with the dead. And the undead. Look, I can't
take       this one to the hospital. In the emergency room, what am I'm gonna
tell       them? He's allergic to penicillin, garlic, sunlight, crosses, and
food.       He's about four hundred and fifty and he can fly.*Javier Vachon is
a vampire and "snitch"       for police officer Tracy Vetter.
  Lucien LaCroix: Les mortels       meurent. Qu'importe la façon? "Mortals die.
Does it really matter how       or when?"  Det. Nick Knight: I need a favor,
   Nat.Natalie:I don't know,       Nick, favors for you usually involve more
than "Can I borrow your car?"Det. Nick Knight:I'll need that,       too.
TRIVIA NOTE: The series was based on the 1989 made-for-TV movie Nick Knight
starring Rick Springfield as a vampire-turned-cop. In the final episode,
rather that remain a vampire, Nick asks LeCroix to put him out of his
misery. Which he does. So ends the tale of the Nick Knight.