"I'm sure you're a nice person Astro, but let the record show that Astro supports the UN Security Council's authority over the united States of America. I don't agree with you."

Let WHAT RECORD show that I support the United Nations Security Council?

I merely said there are 101 suggestions for you to choose from, and if you don't like one suggestion then choose another.

If I offered to buy you some ice cream and we went into a ice cream parlor that sold 101 different flavors, and you said "but they have pistachio - I can't stand pistachio!" and I said to you: "yes, but there are 100 other different flavors for you to chose from"  does that mean that I love pistashcio ice cream?

If the truth be known,  I have extremely mixed and ambivalent feelings about the United Nations.

For the record: I have not written any letters, sent any emails or made any phone calls to the United Nations.  Ever.

I think my record unequivocally proves - if you chose to examine it - that I have never made any personal statements suggesting support for, or endorsement of, the United Nations.

Please refrain from making such pretentous assumptions and false accusations.

What I have been doing is making phone calls and sending emails to my Congressional representatives, attending weekly non-political religous candlelight peace vigils, speaking out as a disabled veteran and member of Veterans For Peace, passing along important information on the Internet about the lies being perpetrated to the American public by those who are promoting this war and doing whatever else I can do to support those who are trying to make a difference with the ultimate goal of arriving at a peaceful solution.  From my perspective this is not a leftwing-rightwing-conservative-liberal-democrat-republican issue.  My opposition to this war is strictly on moral and ethical grounds.

None of the activities I've been involved in over the course of the past year has anything to do with supporting the United Nations, which in my opinion, is essentially irrelevant in light of the fact our chickenhawk brigade in Washington DC is going to have their bloody war regardless of what the United Nations chooses to do, one way  or another.

The only the reason the White House warhawks are interacting with the United Nations in the first place is because they have a misguided belief that in doing so it will give their war plans some sort of perceived legitimacy.  They have carefully orchestrated their United Nations horse and pony media show.  They could really care less about the what the UN thinks as it's all intentional smoke and mirrors designed to distract attention from their real agaenda and ultimate goals.  From all appearances, they have failed to convince anyone or present a credible compelling case for war.

The only thing that will save us now is praying to our Almighty Lord up in Heaven, and for all concerned citizens who oppose the war to really pour on the heat to Congress this coming week.

Now is the time to speak out and make our feelings known to everyone in Washington DC.  The hour is becoming extremely late and our freedoms and lives are at stake.

Hoping for a peaceful solution,

Astro