Hi

First thing I want to know when I join a new list is where is the archive. 

Well, On June 29th I converted the WWOMB/Makebelieve archive to auto-archive. 
The URL for the opening page of the upgraded site is  
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php Or you can enter through the old 
site, where the previously posted stories are posted at  
http://www.squidge.org/~peja This page also links to  seveal other sites as well

The auto-archive offers several new and exciting features, including the fact 
that authors may now add their own stories to the site without having to go 
through the middleman (me) so things are available to the readers much faster. 

For the authors, the site offers a lot to you.

1. You no longer have to belong to a list, or wait for a request to be posted 
with Makebelieve. Everyone is encouraged to share with us, list sibs or 
otherwise.
2. If you are a member of a single fandom/theme list, you can now post in 
multiple fandoms, not just the list your part of. 
3. Provided you are registered with the same email on both the site and *any* 
YG or squidge list, not just the Makebelieve lists, simply enter the complete 
list addie in the posting interface mailing list box to post the archive and 
the lists in one easy step. 
4. You can go back and revise at any time, not having to wait for the archivist 
to do it for you
5. You may add graphics to your page so those of you who like cover pages for 
their fics, you are free to do so
6. We encourage you to post anything and everything here, new or old. 

Note: The site does have a limited word count on each page, so for longer fics 
check the finished page under "recently added". The Preview page can be 
deceptive.

All in all you can manage your fic at will.

At this time I'm asking the authors archived on the old style site to help 
speed the process if you have a few minutes and please register and reload your 
fics into the new site. 

To reload the fics from the current site simply register your pen name and 
email. You will receive a post with a temp password to the site. You don't have 
to be a member of any list with us to post yor fic on this archive....its and 
open invitarion to come share any fics you would like to with us at any time. 

As i said, I am transferring the fics already housed on the previous site, so 
if I reach your fic before you have time to upload, I will set the page for 
you. In which case you will get that post with the password to your page as 
well. If you have any trouble first check the help page. I've included upload 
instructions for both IBM and mac users. Trouble with your password, contact me 
and I'll check your registered info and if need be issue you a new temp word to 
get you on. 

Hope to see you adding to your story listings as time allows as I said, you 
don't have to belong to any list to post the archive, just want to display your 
work on a safe site where you don't have to worry about being bounced. Our 
upload page is located at 

http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php

thanks for reading, and I hope you continue to share through this upgrade with 
the archive


PEJA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
We're taking fic submissions at Makebelieve's all new Auto-archive 
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kkxxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

this list is archived at:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ThereBeSlashHere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to