On 20 December 2012 14:06, Rob Stradling <rob.stradl...@comodo.com> wrote:
> On 20/12/12 11:39, Ben Laurie wrote:
>>
>> On 20 December 2012 11:38, Ben Laurie <b...@google.com> wrote:

>>> Probably.
>>

>> I've removed it.
>

> Ben, I see that "(note that the log may relax standard validation rules to
> allow this, so long as the final signed certificate will be valid)" is still
> present in -05.  I think I see why...
>
> Am I correct that the Issuer and Authority Key Identifier fields in a
> precertificate MUST match the Subject and Subject Key Identifier fields in
> "the CA certificate that will sign the final certificate", even if the
> precertificate is actually signed by the private key that corresponds to a
> Precertificate Signing Certificate?
>
> If yes, then I think it might be worth emphasizing this point.

Right now the log actually replaces these with the right things,
rather than requiring the pre-cert to contain them. But again, we are
happy to be guided by CAs on the best thing to do here.

The reason for that note was actually for things like path length
constraints that might get violated by inserting an extra
intermediate.