The fact that designers have been forced to go through the process of
generating a description is often very useful.

What I have been doing is to make the presentation of what and why into
podcasts that are up on YouTube.

I think UNIX would have come out very differently if the designers had been
required to work with a technical writer and explain what was going on. Lot
of needless obfustication would have been easier to fix than to explain.

Which is of course why there is a resistance to doing such exercises.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/