There is no problem to add somethig like group-endgroup pair inside centerline,
if it will really help you (or I can use just begin-end pair if you wish).

Then it could be rewritten this way:

centreline
  calibrate tape 1
  1 2 10 0 0
  group
  calibrate tape 2
  2 3 10 0 0
  endgroup
  3 4 10 0 0
endcentreline

Or do you see some other trivial solution of this problem?

Regards, S.