On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 04:58:24PM +0200, Stacho Mudrak wrote:

>> Yes, and nobody did it until now. Until now, we have only ice point
>> symbol. So we need new type (for point and for area). I suggest to add
>>
>> point snow
>> area snow
>> area ice
>>
>> Or any does your symbol set make a difference between snow, snow-and-ice
>> and ice? Coding of these symbols is not so complicated.

The UIS set doesn't distinguish - it's all just stars.  I'm not sure
about other symbol sets.  In reality, the difference is often arbitrary
and whether a particular area is best described as ice or snow or a
combination varies with time.

It looks like mpost/thArea.mp is the file for it, and I can see the
definition of p_ice_UIS in mpost/thPoint.mp, which presumably is a
single star.  But how do I fill an area with that tesselated?

Cheers,
    Olly