On 5/1/06, Philip Schuchardt <ohc at vt.edu> wrote:

> I am drawing a large map and had to in increase the scale from 1:200 to
> 1:600.
> Therion seems to scale walls and lines really well but the point symbols
> stay
> the same size for any scale.

No, points symbols are scaled, although not linear. In the 1:600 scale they
are exactly half the size of symbols in 1:200 scale.

 Is there anyway to scale the  point symbols,
> other then typing -scale tiny |small | normal | large | huge for each
> point
> symbol?

If you'd like to have more control, you may use

1) base-scale command in layout (see thbook)
2) directly change the size of symbols using following code in layout
(undocumented and not recommended)

code metapost
  u:=5pt;     %%% or any other value

Both commands change the apperance of line symbols as well. Map symbols were
not yet optimized for different scales (we mostly use 1:200 and 1:2000 /
1:5000 without symbols). Suggestions are welcome.

Martin