Gilbert,
Wookey has been helping me put a Debian package together, but I'm away
from home for the week so probably won't be able to work on it until I
get back. Other people may be working on it as well, but I'm not sure.

I don't know specifically what needs to be done to make the Debian
package compatible with Ubuntu, but I imagine it isn't too terribly
complicated.

-Jonny