I decided to digitize an old map of one of my favorite caves. The JPG of the
entire original map was too big for therion to load, so I cut it up into
smaller images that will load.Tracing the map and compiling it worked
perfectly for the first section that I digitized (section_1.th2). I moved
onto the second one, traced the old map same as before (section_2.th2). All
that is pretty straightforward.

The problem arises when I try to join scraps from section 2 with scraps from
section 1. The join fails miserably. I tried to follow the instructions from
the wiki (http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=tbe:wiki4#importing_maps),
but it seems the instructions are geared towards joining unsurveyed data
with surveyed data. I don't see how to join unsurveyed scraps with other
unsurveyed scraps. I have no "fake" data like the instructions suggest.

I've included links to an image of a portion of the old map I'm digitizing
and to a PDF that therion spit out. Comparing the two will make the problem
very apparent. I'm sure there is a pretty straightforward solution, I simply
don't know it. Thanks in advance in for the help!

http://www.talkingnerdy.com/jonny/images/slices.png
http://www.talkingnerdy.com/jonny/images/byers.pdf

-Jonny

P.S.
Just in case it wasn't clear, I don't have access to any of the original
survey data. The cave was surveyed in the 60s. I'd be surprised if the
original data still exists.

--
      ^v^
 ^v^   ^v^      Take nothing but pictures,