I'm wondering why there is no simpler way for doing this... (a .csl file
would be easy to produce ?)

Anyway, the SQL export is there, and there are certainly many non-SQL
experts that would like to exploit the exported database... Is there
anyone that would already have implemented some simple interface to the
database (e.g. PhP-mySQL), and that could share this code ??