VRML is a dead format.  There's nothing that is effectively replacing
it.  WebGL is showing promise (partly because it's based on OpenGL,
which is *the* graphics standard, rather than some funky invented
one).

Do these demos work for you?
    http://khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Demo_Repository

Web things are by default read-only.  Do you mean viewing them from
different angles, rather than editing them?

Julian.