I have exactly the same problem after updating my system from  XP to
Windows7.

After a few tries, I found that draging and droping a thconfig file on
the Xtherion link (which is "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Therion\bin\wish84.exe" "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Therion\xtherion.tcl") was working properly while the "open with
[Xtherion link]" procedure seems to call only which84 (draging and
droping on which84.exe produces teh same error as below).

Does anyone have an idea while the "open with" procedure of windows 7 is
stripping out the argument xtherion.tcl?

Xavier

Le 10/06/2010 11:51, Bruce a écrit :

> For the last few years I have been adding a non-'therion'-standard
> extension to thconfig files, eg thconfig.thc so that I can open them
> in XTherion directly from the Windows File Explorer.
>
> The first time this is attempted an association needs to be made with
> 'Wish Application', but thereafter it works smoothly, well at least
> most of the time.
>
> I have described my rudimentary understanding of this here...
>
> http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=windows&s[]=modify&s[]=distinguish&s[]=layout
>
> <http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=windows&s%5b%5d=modify&s%5b%5d=distinguish&s%5b%5d=layout>
>
> A while back I installed Therion on a Windows 7 machine and got an
> error similar to the image below.
>
> bad option "utf-8": must be convertfrom, convertto,names, or system
> while executing "encoding utf-8" (file
> "D:\Therion\....thconfig-Flora.thc" line 1)
>
> I assumed it was due to some difference between Windows 7 and Windows
> XP, upsetting the implementation of the tcl scripts,
>
> however I had the same problem recently with an old Windows XP machine
> (older that my current 2006 machine).
>
> So perhaps something else is going on.  On a particular machine it
> will either always work, or never work.
>
> Any ideas how I might overcome the problem on the machines where this
> technique does not work?
>
> Bruce

Xavier Pennec
Senior Research Scientist / Directeur de recherches
Asclepios project-team, INRIA Sophia-Antipolis
2004 Route des Lucioles, BP93
F-06902 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex, France
+33 4 92 39 76 64
+33 6 78 35 16 90