On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 09:20 +0200, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> Do I understand it correctly, that you want this upper outline in the
> shifted map not to be cropped out?

yes.

> Unfortunately, this is not a bug, it is a feature :)

i see.
however if it is cropped out i do not get immediately the
extend of the cave.

> By default, previews (above or below) in the maps are cropped out, they are
> there just for the information, how are passages above or below currently
> selected map situated.
>
> If you want to display this preview complete, you have two possibilities.
> You can add extra size to the paper by setting "overlap" in layout -
> unfortunately, it is not possible to set overlap just for the left page
> border.

which happens to be my case:
the cave is about 2.5 km (so far) and i have all the details already put
in ... so i do not want to flip it horizontally.

> So you will have to use probably some dirty trick, to fix this
> problem, e.g. adding some dummy symbol to the map, that will be drawn by
> white color and that will increase the scrap outline.

i will go for that ...
will try with an empty, or blank, label

> May be a mode, that will not crop preview outlines is also needed, but it
> will definitely take some time to implement.

ok.
thanks a lot.
marco