On 10/01/11 19:06, Bruce wrote: > Wow Andrew I like it. > > Presumably one can run it on local sql files (stored on your computer, not a > web page)?
It can be run locally but I believe the sql file has to be loaded into a sql server. Julian is trumpeting the idea of SQLit, as it can work on a database like a file, but I have not played with it, and he says it has no maths functions, which the searches require. (At the moment) > > A minor terminology thing: I presume passage height means passage altitude. > I don't know much about UK caves, but if the majority of Cheddar caves have > passages 200m to 240m high, then presumably many of them are also quite wide > and the UK cavers that come to New Zealand have been lying about how tight > their cave passages are! have you not heard of the new discoveries :) Good point. > > We'll have to think of some more useful searches... > Perhaps by shot flag (surface, duplicate, splay, approximate, explored), > By station flag (entrance, continuation, fixed, spring, sink, doline, dig, > air-draught, overhang or arch), Yep lots of possibilities, given the time I will right the wiki page sometime this week hopefully > Loop closure information (not sure if this is in the sql output yet), Don't think that is in there > Maybe even distance between stations - although that might be better done > from Loch. I think this is a function of loch Andrew
