As Marco Corvi tried last year, I am trying to use scraps of type plan
as cross-sections in an extended scrap.
The reason is that the cave is essentially vertical, so that most of my
scraps for plan are superimposed.
Thus, they are better displayed as cross-sections. However, I would like
to have these scraps scales oriented and warped automatically according
to the stations as in the plan projection. Moreover, I would like to use
also some of these scraps to create a map plan.

I am running therion on windows and I don't want to recompile. So I
cannot change the test in thdb2d.cxx as Marco did last year to accept
cross-sections of type none and plan. Is there any reason to forbid the
use of scraps projections other than none in cross-sections?

I tried to play with the revise command to turn around, without success
so far as changing the projections of my scraps from plan to none does
not allow them to belong to a map plan!

Any help

Le 20/07/2010 08:32, marco corvi a écrit :
> On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 23:40 +0200, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
>> I am not sure, I understand your problem correctly, but would it help
>> you, if cross section scraps could be also from other, than "none"
>> projection?
>>
> that's fine for vertical caves, where cross-sections
> are horizontal and have projection plan.
>
> infact i changed the test in thdb2d to allow
> scraps with projections "plan" as well as "none".
> then i had to add the north symbol as image.
>
> there might be similar problems for vertical
> cross-sections ...
> (not sure how to go about that).
>
> marco

Xavier Pennec
Senior Research Scientist / Directeur de recherche
Asclepios project-team, INRIA Sophia-Antipolis
2004 Route des Lucioles, BP93
F-06902 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex, France
+33 4 92 38 76 64
+33 6 78 35 16 90