I am sorry replaying this question so late, but I am currently
cleaning all todo lists and I have discovered it as not answered.

If you specify "-namespace off" in your surveys - it must be specified
for each survey, it will not create namespace and so you do not need
to specify equate commands, if you have unique station names. It
should do exactly what you are asking for.

E.g., if you have

survey s1 -namespace off
  centerline
    data normal from to bearing clino tape
    0 1 100 0 10
    1 2 200 0 10
  endceterline
endsurvey

survey s2 -namespace off
  centerline
    data normal from to bearing clino tape
    2 0 300 0 10
  endceterline
endsurvey

Should automatically create 0 - 1 - 2 closed loop.

HTH, S.