Andrew
On 28 Jul 2013 06:50, "Bruce" <bruce at tomo.co.nz> wrote:

> It also creates a thconfig and runs it, and looks like it will open the
output and send it to a svn, mercurial or git repository.

Currently only svn tested, hg I use so reasonably sure is correct, got I do
not, so bit of a guess, if others are desired, happy to incorporate.

> I could not get it to run therion automatically (crashes apparently due
to the empty scraps – which btw I thought was fixed in 5.3.11) but if I
commented out the maps (ie hide the empty scraps from Therion) the files
Topparser created compiled perfectly.

In my thconfig file I only produce the Survex 3d which seems to allow it to
run. The Windows launch commands are tested on xp so might need some
amendment

> A number of features don’t seem to have been finished yet, but seems
quite usable as it is.

Always more to do:-)

> The first data I ran through it came up with this anomaly…
>

> data normal from to tape compass clino ignoreall
>
> #401.4  401.5    3.15      0.38      12.72
>
> #401.4  401.5    3.16      358.96  13.71
>
> #401.4  401.5    3.16      0.04      12.68
>
> 401.4    401.5    3.157    119.79  13.04    Calculated leg from 3 above
>

> Ie does not average bearings correctly either side of north.  I was using
the 1.2.0 download, but I infer from the last commit message that Andrew
might have fixed this.

Fixed, in the python version, I need to do a windows build, but need to
borrow a Windows box to do this.

> The instructions all make sense to a Therion user, except that I still
have not really figured out the so called input and output folders.  The
instructions are not particularly explicit and the screenshot of folder
structure does not appear to match the screenshot of the data entry on page
1.

> Minor quibbles.  I think this is worth developing further.

Quibbles are good, might even get fixed if you are really lucky

Thanks

Andrew