John

Does it compile OK at 1:2500 if the font is not adjusted?

The 'numintersections' bit smells of symbol drawing, an area perhaps, and
the 'a_debis_AUT' reinforces that.  It could be that scrap [1263] has a
problem with that area.

See this item in the wiki
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/faq#how_to_find_where_a_metapost_erro
r_is_occurring

And likewise - if there is a way to remove fonts of certain 'scales' at
compile time - I would be most grateful.  See my clumsy attempt, similar to
John's, at http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/templates#general_setup
(under Output Scale heading)

Bruce

  _____